News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Search Feature?

Started by MaestroUGC, October 05, 2011, 09:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

I was wondering what it would take to implement a search feature on the site. With 2000 sheets, and expanding, it might be nice to have a search engine so people don't need to sift through the entire site to find it. Yes, the way it is organized is fine, but if people come here to look for something specific, it'd be easier to just type it in and have it come up. Just an idea.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Meta-Ridley

I agree - we can search on the forums, but not on the site - a pretty big flaw. The easier people can navigate our site, the happier they'll be.

Jamaha

Work in progress*

* Meaning it's included in the plan but no actual work is going towards doing it

MaestroUGC

Well alright then, thanks.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Cobraroll

To be fair, though, the current system is quite easy. I mean, how often do you know what a song is called, but not from which game it is? While I agree that it would be a worthwile implementation, ctrl+f works just as well at the moment.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on October 06, 2011, 06:40:50 AMTo be fair, though, the current system is quite easy. I mean, how often do you know what a song is called, but not from which game it is? While I agree that it would be a worthwile implementation, ctrl+f works just as well at the moment.

Yeah... it's not that big a deal... more often than not I browse games, seeing if there are any interesting songs.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Meta-Ridley

But we are trying to make NSM as user-friendly as possible. Yes, the organization is user-friendly, but a good website usually is even better than that. If we want to be noticed, then we need to be better than the rest.