This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.Show posts Menu
Quote from: Kricketune54 on January 20, 2024, 07:18:27 PMLooks like the files are correct now as far as tempo marking - just small ask to change the file names as opposed to being 2023 template lol
You could add staccatos to a few of the RH notes - m1-m3 3.0 the quarter note is not full length. Similarly, m4 1.0, and the whole notes in m8, m10, m12 are all shorter than the value there. I know it was already mentioned about being consistent with note lengths, but this is a separate idea of how long these consistent lengths should be.
- If you do do this note length change, you could also make m14 RH 1.0 a staccato quarter note for consistency
Also, I agree that this should be C major
Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 19, 2023, 01:23:04 AMI'm not sure, I was able to export one that worked: [Download]ok
Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 02, 2023, 01:22:40 PMYes, that's an unfortunate side effect. If you copy this symbol Œ instead of the q, then the note should appear. In the future, you can use the new template files found on the guidelines page, then it will be fixed automatically.Ok the simbol now it's ok but the PDF isn't. Do you know why?
As for MaestroTimes, we say in the guidelines to use Finale's Maestro series of fonts, and MaestroTimes is the one that's best suited for tempo markings. Sorry if that wasn't clear!
Seems you might have forgotten this point? Happy to approve after this and the tempo note are updated, the rest of the changes look good!
Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 21, 2023, 01:55:42 AMIf I select the indicated font, what you can see in the PDF happens.
- I'm not 100% sure, but I think this track is in C minor. Even though it creates some accidentals, the bass pattern doesn't really fit into C major in my opinion
- Can you add a dynamic marking at the beginning?
- m4: The A at beat 4 sounds like A natural, not A flat
- m14: The G in the RH sounds the same length as m12, m10, etc. Can you make it a whole note?
- We recently updated our Formatting Guidelines, can you make sure you're using the recommended fonts for the tempo marking?
That's MaestroTimes size 16 for the notehead, and Times New Roman size 12 for the numbers and =
Quote from: XiaoMigros on June 27, 2023, 07:34:30 AMDid it!
- Do you think this would be better written at double the tempo, with double durations?
- For the last half, I think it's better to have 2 notes in the LH instead of 2 notes in the RH, I find it slightly easier to play
Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 19, 2023, 09:19:39 PMI didn't specify to move the tempo marking higher a bit too high nowDid it
The PDF file is also strangely long as well this time, not sure if a different page style was selected when doing a print to pdf, but there's way too much white space below the copyright now. Please make sure page size 8.5x11/Letter or A4 is selected.
One other small detail noticed in Finale page layout, just click the circled box in my attached image reference and drag it right so the dotted lines overlap and one line instead of two is visible.
Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 06, 2023, 01:59:58 PMNot much for me to add, other than it's cool to see the Godzilla franchise getting repped.Did it
The tempo mark is a bit far off to the left, if only slightly. Perhaps move it right a little to center it over the time signature.
The non legato direction, I understand what it's articulating, but I also don't understand why there needs to be staccatos in m14 and m16. The notes with staccatos honestly sound the same length, if not slightly longer held than all the other 8th notes. Thoughts?
Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 23, 2023, 01:27:32 PMI agree with Libera that this would look better in 6/8 but the meter feels better for 12/8, so I guess fine to keep it that way.
For the last measure for both staffs, the second half of the bar could be grouped as dotted half rests.