News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The BIONICLE 2015 speculation thread

Started by mikey, September 14, 2014, 01:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Why didn't I know about this until now?
The best thing is I can actually collect em now cause I have a job :D
Spoiler
[close]
Also yeah post here if you played with bionicles as a kid

Spoiler
[close]

GET HYPE

Spoiler
unmotivated

Dude

K-NiGhT

I remember those :P I have a few of them still I think
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

Fan image of what Tahu might look like

[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Holy shet this is coming back? Bionicle was the shit! I had all of the comics! (Must find them...hope I still have them...)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

unmotivated

Maelstrom

Eh. I loved how the originals looked, but some hero factory stuff looks terrible. let me find some pics...
Got 'em
Spoiler

[close]
Not much of a comparison. :P

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

As much as I want to like it, it looks like a hero factory re-skin.

Dudeman

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 14, 2014, 06:10:33 PMHype time.
Hey look! Someone else watches TTV!
Quote from: maelstrom. on September 14, 2014, 06:19:18 PMAs much as I want to like it, it looks like a hero factory re-skin.
I hate how people keep saying "oh look hero factory pieces therefore hero factory reskin." IMO, Hero Factory was a series of tests by LEGO to find a better constraction method than what they had been using. They just made a new series so that they could have free reign over their building style without incurring fan backlash.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dudeman on September 14, 2014, 06:53:33 PMI hate how people keep saying "oh look hero factory pieces therefore hero factory reskin." IMO, Hero Factory was a series of tests by LEGO to find a better construction method than what they had been using. They just made a new series so that they could have free reign over their building style without incurring fan backlash.
But the thing is, I loved the previous building system. This one makes it easier to use near identical frames just with different armor plating. There was really nothing wrong with the original system. I guess lego realized they were spending a lot on a massive amount of new molds.  :P

BlackDragonSlayer

Worthy of note:
- Onua appears to have a gear system (see those yellow things on his back?).
- The Protector of Earth appears to have the launcher-weapon (good to see they're continuing on with that :P) embedded in its chest.
- Some sets (Pohatu and Kopaka, not sure if there are any more) have the piece used for Guurahk's Staff of Disintegration.
- The armor of some of the protectors resembles the original Mata/Nuva body piece.
- Personal speculation: The skull spiders will fit on the faces à la Krana.
- Personal speculation/observation: Gali's weapon resembles a giant version of her Nuva weapons, as does Kopaka's/Tahu's weapon. Lewa has two axes.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

I'd put down some money for that Kopaka damn. I don't even care how weird it will be going into a toysrus shopping for myself at this age xD

Wait why is this topic in he gaming board?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 14, 2014, 09:28:38 PMI'd put down some money for that Kopaka damn. I don't even care how weird it will be going into a toysrus shopping for myself at this age xD

Wait why is this topic in he gaming board?
Okay I'm 99% sure I put it in the off topic board
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.