News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Finale Notepad for Mac problem

Started by legoenthusiast, October 28, 2020, 04:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

legoenthusiast

I want to submit an arrangement, but I need Finale Notepad for the .mus file. However, I can only find a payed version for Mac. I don't want to pay for it since I really have no use for it other than to get the .mus file, so I'm not sure what I should do.

Khunjund

Which program do you use? MuseScore?

I believe you could save your file as a MusicXML, link it, and ask someone to convert it into a MUS file.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

legoenthusiast

I have quite a few files, and I don't want to bother someone each time I'm submitting something, but if somebody is willing to help, okay! Thank you! (And yes, I use musescore)

Also, can just changing the file's tag from .mxl to .mus work?

Khunjund

You are limited to two active submissions at a time, so it shouldn't be too much work; the file will only need to be converted once it's finished and ready to be accepted, anyway.

Unfortunately, simply changing the file extension will not work.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this here, but...
You're not. Sorry.

~Mods
[close]

legoenthusiast

Khunjund

I said something I wasn't supposed to and a moderator deleted it.

legoenthusiast

I didn't realize it, but there's a free trial for the Mac version, so I think I'll get that. But I'll have to go through and fix all of my sheets 'cause only one is up to standards currently.