News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Sheet Music Errors Thread

Started by KefkaticFanatic, March 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atcero

Iirc I believe these sheets actually did get touched up not a super long time ago tbh (not credited) and they are not on the replacement audit.
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

I'm seeing to it that the Dragon Quest soundtrack gets completed on-site, so I had something to bring up. We have an arrangement for the cave theme, and while there's nothing wrong with it per se, I think it could benefit from a small addition. You see, in the game, the ground level of the cave plays the track at the same key and tempo notated by the sheet. As the player ventures deeper underground, the track lowers in pitch by a minor third and the tempo decreases by about 5 BPM for every level descended. The deepest level, the eighth, is a major thirteenth below and roughly 35 BPM slower than the ground level. Now, I don't think all eight levels need to be notated on the sheet, but surely we could add some sort of instruction or chart to indicate how to perform the deeper/slower variations?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Tobbeh99

Found an error in the Rival Battle theme from pokémon gold/silver (Battle! (Rival)).

In measure 44 the lower voice has a note wrong. The A# should be a Bn (creating a tritone dissonance).

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

LeviR.star

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 15, 2024, 07:26:00 PMI'm seeing to it that the Dragon Quest soundtrack gets completed on-site, so I had something to bring up. We have an arrangement for the cave theme, and while there's nothing wrong with it per se, I think it could benefit from a small addition. You see, in the game, the ground level of the cave plays the track at the same key and tempo notated by the sheet. As the player ventures deeper underground, the track lowers in pitch by a minor third and the tempo decreases by about 5 BPM for every level descended. The deepest level, the eighth, is a major thirteenth below and roughly 35 BPM slower than the ground level. Now, I don't think all eight levels need to be notated on the sheet, but surely we could add some sort of instruction or chart to indicate how to perform the deeper/slower variations?

Thank you to Latios for helping me with this over Discord DMs, I really appreciate it.

With the next update approaching within a few weeks and the last two sheets from Dragon Quest in my submissions panel, the game's soundtrack is due to be covered on the site in full. That said, two of my on-site contributions are a bit outdated, and I'd like to request that they be replaced with my new versions. Changes made are listed as follows:

lotsa text
"People"

- updated with Maestro music font
- removed Nintendo from the copyright info
- changed m. 2 beat 3 LH from an F-sharp to a G-flat
- merged the two slurs in m. 3 into one continuous slur

I think it's safe to say this sheet aged fairly well. Now, the next one, on the other hand...

"Dragonlord"

- updated with Maestro music font
- removed Nintendo from the copyright info
- replaced all staccatissimos with regular staccatos, and added accents to beats 3 & 4 in m. 1, 2, 10 & 11
- redistributed the measures into five systems, rather than a cramped six
- removed all slurs, as I didn't feel they added anything to the arrangement
- corrected the G-flat in m. 15's beat 4 RH to a G-natural
- though I can see there's a trend from m. 12 - 18 to consistently spell the intervals as thirds, I would like to ask the updater team if they believe this is still appropriate for the arrangement
[close]

You can find the folder with the new files here.

Thank you for your time. If you have any specific questions, I'd prefer you reach out via Discord DMs.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

(Sorry, forgot to mention here, Levi's above changes are taken care of as well!)

Edit: got this as well! Thanks for the correction!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on February 22, 2024, 12:33:03 PMFound an error in the Rival Battle theme from pokémon gold/silver (Battle! (Rival)).

In measure 44 the lower voice has a note wrong. The A# should be a Bn (creating a tritone dissonance).

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fullmetalgrudo

Hello :)

In the first seven measures of Metroid Prime's Chozo Artifact Temple, the E just under the fifth line of the staff which appears twice in the pattern on the right hand should be a D for the first seven measures.

Latios212

Beats 2 and 4, you mean, right? (original)

Yeah, I agree. Though this sheet has some more issues like some offset measure numbers and use of 8va/octave clefs. We should fix this up a bit more if there's time...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

MomoQca

Noticed a playback error on "MNN+@0・ (Ma-non Ship (Day))" where it kept repeating endlessly. I fixed it so that it only loops once. Could someone please update the files? Thanks in advance!
.mid
.mus

And sharing this one, just in case!
.musx

Fullmetalgrudo

Quote from: Latios212 on April 08, 2024, 05:41:09 PMBeats 2 and 4, you mean, right? (original)

Yeah, I agree. Though this sheet has some more issues like some offset measure numbers and use of 8va/octave clefs. We should fix this up a bit more if there's time...

Yes, beats 2 and 4! And I agree, that F clef with an 8va... ^^'

Tobbeh99

Not really an error but. On the sheet "legends of history" from Pokémon Sword & Shield, this looks really messy (the fermata is colliding with the dynamic (f)) . I believe the fermata should be placed above, would make it look way better.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh