News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[SW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses - "Dwellings of the Ancient Gods (Rain)" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, January 06, 2024, 04:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Dwellings of the Ancient Gods (Rain)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

Fantastic Ike

You always choose the most interesting pieces for piano! This'll be fun to see onsite

Kricketune54

Sorry for a bit of a wait here, but this seems pretty solid from my ongoing reviews.

• m14 LH you could adapt the specific beats/pulsations the same way as m9, m11, and m13, etc. unless you were just trying a sort of every other measure approach between that and tremolos
• m53 RH 1.0 the 8th rest should be reduced size?
• I'm not sure what you're preference is or if it's changed, but did note that in some of your past sheets the stem side staccatos were over the notehead whereas here they are over the stem

Bloop

Quote from: Kricketune54 on February 17, 2024, 07:10:27 PM• m14 LH you could adapt the specific beats/pulsations the same way as m9, m11, and m13, etc. unless you were just trying a sort of every other measure approach between that and tremolos
I actually didn't notice those at first, but I think I prefer the alternation for consistency yeah

Quote from: Kricketune54 on February 17, 2024, 07:10:27 PM• m53 RH 1.0 the 8th rest should be reduced size?
It is alright right? Anyway I noticed m29's notes and rest weren't reduced in size yet, so I fixed that :p

Quote from: Kricketune54 on February 17, 2024, 07:10:27 PM• I'm not sure what you're preference is or if it's changed, but did note that in some of your past sheets the stem side staccatos were over the notehead whereas here they are over the stem
Ah yeah, tbh I forgot what my preference was but reverted it to notehead side ^^

Files updated!

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on February 20, 2024, 05:00:46 AMIt is alright right? Anyway I noticed m29's notes and rest weren't reduced in size yet, so I fixed that :p

Ah, I think what happened is I had switched to the PDF, and scrolling up and down comparing rests distorted. Nothing else from me though, I approve

Latios212

Looking good (and I remember hearing this in a prior performance event)! Man, these are some fantastic chord changes... so abrupt and mysterious!

Just a few small things to ask about before we call this one done:
- m. 10 - any reason why the LH beat 1 is written out with explicit 16ths and the rest in tremolos?
- I'm not too sure about a few chords in the m. 41+ section - do you hear a B in the RH of m. 41/45/49/53?
- m. 50 - I hear the beat 2 small note as a C# instead of G#?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on March 11, 2024, 05:47:15 PM- m. 10 - any reason why the LH beat 1 is written out with explicit 16ths and the rest in tremolos?
This is to indicate that the tremolo afterwards isn't an unmeasured tremolo, but a measured tremolo in 16ths. I've usually seen this in some classical sheet music (like this one)

Quote from: Latios212 on March 11, 2024, 05:47:15 PM- I'm not too sure about a few chords in the m. 41+ section - do you hear a B in the RH of m. 41/45/49/53?
I don't think so no?

Quote from: Latios212 on March 11, 2024, 05:47:15 PM- m. 50 - I hear the beat 2 small note as a C# instead of G#?
Ah yep, you're right, same in m42!

Files are reuploaded, thanks for taking a look!

Latios212

Quote from: Bloop on March 13, 2024, 03:41:17 AMThis is to indicate that the tremolo afterwards isn't an unmeasured tremolo, but a measured tremolo in 16ths. I've usually seen this in some classical sheet music (like this one)
Ah, got it! I wasn't sure if that just meant beat 1 was measured (which I would have found odd). Looks good to me then!

Quote from: Bloop on March 13, 2024, 03:41:17 AMI don't think so no?
Haha... I'm not to sure either about these chords so I'll defer to you!

It's accepting time :)

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta