News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Table for 4?

Started by Jub3r7, May 14, 2011, 12:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

Hurray for writing competitions.
The scene takes place in a cafe/restaurant, with up to 4 people of specific genders having a dinner conversation.

In this round there are two guys and one girl at the table.
To enter, have your chapter sent to me by private message by 5/28/11 11:59 PM.
All chapters will be posted the day after, for you to vote on.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Is this going to be continuous, or a collection of short stories?

EDIT: Also, can I enter two chapters for submission?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Raymondbl

Yes, I was also wondering if it was collection of short stories (in the manner of O'Henry) or a continuos story broke into chapters.  Also - how long should it be?
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Jub3r7

More like a collection of short stories. However long you think a chapter should be.

SuperFireKirby

So should this submission be more on the line of a short story or a chapter? Should the submission tell the entire story or only a small part of it?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

More on the line of a short story.

SlowPokemon

Jub3r7

SuperFireKirby

Almost done with mine. Anybody else actually doing this?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Raymondbl

if nobody's doing it, I can maybe do one in a day.  SFK'd win for sure, but I'd be too late to make it good anyway.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SlowPokemon

I wrote the whole thing tonight. Hopefully it matches up to the others.

An Afterthought: Originally I was considering doing a follow-up to TWTGO, with the two boys and a girl being Aaron, Will, and Karen, in the coffee shop in Mahogany. Like a "one-year-later" type thing. I started it and may finish it if I am ever up to it.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Raymondbl on May 26, 2011, 05:10:49 PMif nobody's doing it, I can maybe do one in a day.  SFK'd win for sure, but I'd be too late to make it good anyway.
When you're right, you're right! ;)

Jub3r7

Sooo when did I say the deadline was?

QuoteTo enter, have your chapter sent to me by private message by 5/28/11 11:59 PM.

TWO DAYS LEFT GOGOGO.

SuperFireKirby

Didn't have time to work on it today because of my Flash movie. I'll do it tomorrow. I've got my entire idea, I just need to put it down.

SlowPokemon

These better be posted at midnight. XD