News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[PC] Undertale - "Spear of Justice" by XiaoMigros

Started by Zeta, January 21, 2024, 03:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Undertale/Deltarune
Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Spear of Justice
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: XiaoMigros

Bloop

Looking pretty good! Just a few tiny things:
-m21: Is there a reason you left out the Gn on beat 5? It's there in the similar m17 too
-m28: Maybe instead of the Ab-Cb dyad in beat 1, you could put Eb-Ab-Cb to finish the melody from m27? Also, in either case, you could put the lower dyads (including beat 1 if you decide to leave it as is) in the bass clef here too, for consistency: it'll be easier for the player to see that this is the same thing as the other 3 times this appears.
-m32: (similar question to m21) Is there a reason you left out the top Fb in the L.H. on beat 1, compared to m31? Also, maybe you could leave out the Bb on beat 6.5, so the L.H. has a bit more time to jump up to m33.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Bloop on January 27, 2024, 10:14:55 AMAlso, maybe you could leave out the Bb on beat 6.5, so the L.H. has a bit more time to jump up to m33.
I added parentheses instead :)

Everything else has been taken care of, thanks for the feedback!

Bloop

Quote from: XiaoMigros on January 31, 2024, 08:43:45 AMI added parentheses instead :)
That works too!

For some reason the pdf seems to be bugged at least on my side, do you have that too?
Also (checking the .musx instead), did you forget to change this part or did you prefer keeping it in treble clef?:
Quote from: Bloop on January 27, 2024, 10:14:55 AM-m28: [...] Also, in either case, you could put the lower dyads (including beat 1 if you decide to leave it as is) in the bass clef here too, for consistency: it'll be easier for the player to see that this is the same thing as the other 3 times this appears.

XiaoMigros

Bloop

Latios212

Very clean sheet and nice attention to playability. I only have a few minor things to mention before accepting.

- I don't think this is strictly necessary, but I think forward repeat bars at the beginning would be good to bookend the repeated section of m. 1-4
- I think the last two bass notes in m. 23 are up an octave?
- Staccatos on the third dyads (eighth note) in the RH of m. 24, similar to the first? For m. 26/28/30 as well
- Thoughts about making the bass 16th notes into 18th notes in m. 33+ similar to 41+? It'd reduce the need for a bunch of 16th rests
- m. 43 RH: that 16th note should have a D on top (if you're concerned about fast restrikes, I'd consider cutting the surrounding ones instead since the missing D is the melody here)
- m. 44 RH: I don't hear the Bb on top of the F towards the end of the measure
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2024, 10:05:50 AM- I think the last two bass notes in m. 23 are up an octave?
Sounds to me like some more instruments come in then, but the bass line I used as reference (triangle wave) keeps the low notes as far as I can tell.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2024, 10:05:50 AM- Staccatos on the third dyads (eighth note) in the RH of m. 24, similar to the first? For m. 26/28/30 as well
I like the more sustained sound without the staccato, helps capture the other instruments better imo

Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2024, 10:05:50 AM- m. 43 RH: that 16th note should have a D on top (if you're concerned about fast restrikes, I'd consider cutting the surrounding ones instead since the missing D is the melody here)
I am concerned about fast restrikes but to me leaving out the melody note sounded less intrusive than leaving out or not restriking either of the chord ones.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2024, 10:05:50 AMVery clean sheet and nice attention to playability.
A first! Thanks for reviewing :)

Latios212

Quote from: XiaoMigros on February 13, 2024, 01:07:29 PMI like the more sustained sound without the staccato, helps capture the other instruments better imo
Hm, I'm not really sure I follow, since it sounds to me like the strike should sound the same as on beat 1. I won't block on it though

Quote from: XiaoMigros on February 13, 2024, 01:07:29 PMI am concerned about fast restrikes but to me leaving out the melody note sounded less intrusive than leaving out or not restriking either of the chord ones.
I generally disagree with this and think the melody note should be prioritized, even if it's a relatively unimportant one like here. I think it would be fine if you swapped the Bb with the Db on beat 4. I'll leave it up to you, but yeah that's my thought.

You do have some rests showing in m. 19 that aren't supposed to be. Once you get that and reply on the other points I'll accept! :D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Latios212 on February 13, 2024, 06:02:03 PMHm, I'm not really sure I follow, since it sounds to me like the strike should sound the same as on beat 1. I won't block on it though
Alright, changed

Quote from: Latios212 on February 13, 2024, 06:02:03 PMI generally disagree with this and think the melody note should be prioritized, even if it's a relatively unimportant one like here.
Because it's relatively unimportant I feel like it's okay to focus more on chord consistency here, so I left this as is.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 13, 2024, 06:02:03 PMYou do have some rests showing in m. 19 that aren't supposed to be.
Oops, fixed!

Latios212

Alrighty, looks good! Nothing more to add from me, so I shall accept~

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot