pokémon

Started by dahans, April 21, 2009, 07:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

what do u think is the right age for pokémon? when are u too old for playing pokémon? i still do but in my opinion its a bit childish... its such a great game! what do u think?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

http://www.dragonflycave.com/aapchildish.aspx

http://www.dragonflycave.com/aapwhy.aspx

You're never too old. Once you discover the in-depth strategies required for competitive battling, the turns and tides battles can bring, then you realise that chess really is kinda basic.

Then there's the story, the monsters, the abilities, the culture, everything. Read those articles.

I think anyone down to four years can appreciate it if they can read English/Japanese/Whatever language the game is written in, but I think most people won't realise the depth of it until their early teens. Which is a few years after most people quit it.

I still play the games, and still like the story. I keep up with the news, and I can safely say that I know most of the facts one needs to know about Pokémon.

Last, I think everyone who likes Pokémon would find my story - here - at least mildly interesting. I have no set target group, but people in the early teens would appreciate it most. Please, give it a go.... :'(
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

dahans

thank u very much i totally agree with u. in my opinion "children" are not able to understand game that's true. I always play with my little sister (7 years old) and she makes always mistakes. I think that it takes a very long time to know a lot about the game. And it's really one of my favourite games. I played every edition several times. (especially blue because of the bugs (mew) :) )
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Zintendo

I was stupified at how amazing pokemon yellow was for gameboy color.  all other games were mildly entertaining.

I also have TLoZ: Oracle of Seasons, I got that waay later though.

And today I beat pokemon diamond, and never played it again. why? hackers

SuperFireKirby

I'm in high school and I still play pokemon blue version. You get too old for the show because now its getting crappy but you are never too old for the game.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Brassman388

Sorry, I've never even touched a pokemon game. Can't really say that its childish or not. But some of the music is pretty good.

SirIngusBingus

Really? Huh. That's just a little bit weird, Brassman.

Brassman388

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on May 22, 2009, 01:50:25 PMReally? Huh. That's just a little bit weird, Brassman.

Call it what you want, I've just never got around to the series. I already own a gameboy, I suppose I could try it.

SuperFireKirby

It's addicting as hell, I'll tell you that right now.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

He should start with the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games. I think they're a good entry point (Silver/Gold/Crystal would be even better, but I dought you want to play a GBC game).

SuperFireKirby

R/B is the way to go!

Brassman388

Uhh. alrighty? I'll see which one I can get first.

SuperFireKirby

Brassman388

SuperFireKirby