News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

How do you handle stress?

Started by Jub3r7, April 13, 2011, 07:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

I bottle up stress way too much, mostly because I don't know how to let it out.
About once every 4 months I lock myself in the restroom at work for 10 minutes just ranting at life, but it really doesn't let out any stress.

Along with that, the absence of sleep multiplies any stress you have, and that sometimes really screws me up.
At one point stress x no sleep made me forget how to walk straight.
My 1st period teacher thinks there is something wrong with me.

How do you handle stress?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

kirby_superstar

I handle stress...with grace to be desired. I handle stress like a fish handles hot coals--presumably not very well. :S

Well. I don't particularly enjoy alcohol so that vice is out of the question. Along with most others.
I think that if I give it honest thought, I like to go up to my room; crawl into bed; throw on some Destroyer or Sufjan, Arcade Fire, Fleet Foxes,
or any slow songs or songs that appeal to the mood; throw the covers over myself and be all angsty and imagine I'd suffocate; think about all the things that make me mad and consult those thoughts; and generally spend a large portion of time in bed sleepin' it off. I don't know how productive that is. In fact, I think that's more of what I do when I feel depressed.
When I'm stressed...I tend to procrastinate. If I'm stressed for other reasons, I need to get outside, spend time with my friends, listen to music with some naturally grown garden greens, and laugh at something.
Not necessarily in that order.

I have poor sleeping habits as well. Mainly because, I believe, it's probably a form of procrastination.
I put off going to sleep for any number of reasons.
I don't think anyone currently thinks there's anything wrong with me. I've been feeling rather normal lately.
I did have an off day today though but I suppose you gotta just shake it off.
When I think of stress, I think of either a) solving that stressful problem, or, b) releasing tension, relaxing, evaporating that stress with a potent desire to have some time where your mind can recuperate, where you're not wasting time but simply pleasantly thinking of nothing.
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

fingerz

I happen to be one of these people who never suffer from stress. I never get stressed because there's nothing to get stressed over.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

ETFROXX

I punch a baby. Talk to friends. Squeeze my stress ball. Take my meds.

The last one may not work for you.

Greg

I always just try to remove the source of my stress, which for some reason is ALWAYS homework.

SuperFireKirby

When I get stressed out, I detach myself form not only the situation at hand but the world for the most part. I'll go into my room, play my guitar super loudly, then lie on my bed dreaming about some fantasy life I could live in the future. And I usually won't talk to anybody for the rest of the day.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

I don't handle stress, at all.  I almost die if there is too much of it.
-

universe-X

When it's stress caused by another person I either make myself or break myself (working out intensely or punching stuff).

When it's stress that I just have (bad grades, as a current example), I tend to avoid everyone, cuz my friends act like general jerks. If someone asks what's wrong, I'll tell them.

Raymondbl

Think of how to resolve the situation causing your stress.  Be optimistic.  play an instrument, I find sight-reading takes my mind off things quickly.  Work for the future, not current.  Whatever you do when you're stressed, do NOT play video games.  it makes life even worse after you're done exhausting time.  What exactly is causing you stress? 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Roz~

People envy me because I'm never stressed. I am, but I never show it. I guess I can handle it pretty well too.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.