TWG XIX Host Sing Ups

Started by Mashi, July 30, 2011, 09:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

SlowPokemon

Umm I can't actually get to a computer right now, I'm on my phone, would you mind copying the game I sent you and making the necessary changes, Mashi?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

Mashi

That Title was not a typo.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 25, 2011, 07:43:19 PMWas thinking up a new TWG for next game, I want to host again. Tell me what you think!

TWG XIX: Mind Games

THE WOLVES: Wolves kill one player a night phase via popular vote. They know who the other wolves are.
1. Master Wolf â€" Wolf Seer’d green
2. Wolf
3. Wolf
OBJECTIVE: Eliminate enough players so that there are as many other players as there are Wolves. without being found out.

THE SEER: A human with benefits.
4. Seer â€" PMs the host every night phase to find out another’s color. Plays on the Human team.
5. Guardian - PMs the host every night phase to guard a player.  Plays on the Human team.
OBJECTIVE: Eliminate all Wolves and Unknowns.

THE UNKNOWN: The mysterious beings who function as their own team. They have all been manipulated in some way that they do not remember their
6. Illusionist â€" is able to nullify another’s power. Does not know he is the Illusionist until the Messenger requests he know his role (the Illusionist is told he is an unknown role). Is Seer’d orange.
7. Messenger â€" sends the name of one player every phase to the Host. At the end of that Phase, that player and the Messenger will both be aware of the player’s role. (However, the player will not know who the Messenger is.) The Messenger knows his role from the beginning. Is Seer’d orange.
8. Hypnotist â€" is able to send a PM to the Host each night phase in order to hypnotize one player into permanently changing their color. The player will have no recollection of the event (will not be told at all). Is Seer’d orange.  Is not told he is the Hypnotist until the Messenger requests he know his role (The Hypnotist is told he is an unknown role)
9. Minion â€" no special powers, but plays for the Unknown team. Is not told he is the Minion. Is Seer’d orange.
OBJECTIVE: Eliminate enough players so that there are as many other players as there are Unknowns.

THE HUMANS: The innocent bystanders who must rely on the Seer to win the game.
10. Herring â€" Human Seer’d blue
11. Human
12. Human

Mashi

(This game is designed to be innocuous, I apologize in advance if for some reason anyone feels lampooned due to the Roles and Nations I paired up.)

TWG XIX: "Hey Hitler, the Allies Called.  They Want Their French Capital Back"- D Day Invasion

Duplicitous Brutal Wolf (Germany) - If this Wolf is lynched, he/she may choose any one player to die alongside himself/herself.  Every Night Phase, he/she will also choose a Player and the name of a Role (Not Nation Role, TWG Role) (May not choose Duplicitous Brutal Wolf as a Role); if that player is lynched the next Day Phase, he/she will cardflip as that Role.  Cannot use duplicity power on himself or any Wolves.
Wolf Shaman (Japan) - Wolf with the power of the Seer.
Wolf Painter (Italy) - Sends the Host a PM every Night Phase with the name of a Player and a colour.  That Player will be seered as that colour during that Night Phase.

Seer (France) - Sends the Host a PM every Night Phase with the name of a Player.  At the end of the Night Phase, the Seer will receive a PM from the Host informing him/her of that player's colour.
Guardian (USA) - May send the Host a PM every Night Phase with the name of a Player.  That Player cannot be wolfed that Night Phase.
Wolfsbane (Great Britain) - If he/she is wolfed, the wolfing will fail.  Does not know that he/she is the Wolfsbane.

Herring (China) - Human seered Blue.  Does not know that he/she is the Herring.
Miller (Soviet Union) - Human seered Red.  Does not know that he/she is the Miller.
Human (Miscellaneous Nation - Belgium)
Human (Miscellaneous Nation - Netherlands)
Human (Miscellaneous Nation - Poland)
Human (Miscellaneous Nation - Canada)

Cardflip Game (Meaning that when a person dies, his/her Role will be revealed)

---

So it's a rather standard TWG, though, with a few twists.  The main point of the game for the Blues and Wolves are to make predictions of what actions the Humans will make (Whom the Seer will seer, whom the Humans will lynch, etc.), so people will have to be quite clairvoyant to make the best of their situation!  Cardflipping was added to allow for the Humans to have some sort of solace, though, it can't always be trusted, especially if Germany is run by an astute Fuhrer!  I also changed the Master Wolf to a Wolf Painter to add some gusto; the Wolves can now essentially choose whom they want the Master Wolf (They can even paint themselves Blue!) or if they would like to be guile and risky, they could also paint a Human Red.  I also added the standard Miller/Herring combo because fun.

But anyway, I'm not sure whether hosting this game in particular at this moment will be successful.  This is a type of game that requires actual thinking and (Dare I say) activity (Which was seriously dearth last game).  But nevertheless, these two things are expectations from TWGers, not preferences.  If any of you would like the TWG Community to strive, you're all going to need to make a commitment.  You don't need to stay in the chatroom 24/7 or think about TWG for the entirety of the game, but you need to contribute to the game somehow.  If you can't visit the chatroom, post frequently in the topic.  If you can't form any suspicions, discuss with Players and receive their input.  Nothing will get accomplished if you don't contribute.  Last game, for example; the Humans should not have won.  It was a fluke that I caught Doodle sending his PM to shadowkirby_64, which allowed me to catch Whirr (A player I believed was Human with little ambivalence).  Had it not been for that, the chances of the Humans winning was minuscule.

But I digress, I'm sure none of you want to be lectured. :P

Anyway, I believe I saw someone posted at some point saying that he had an idea for a game (Though, it seems that said post has been deleted).  If you would still like an opportunity to host, please inform me.  This goes for all other people interested in hosting.  Once all of this is settled, we'll vote and be on our merry TWGing way.

SlowPokemon

IN CASE NO ONE SAW MASHI'S POST I AM REPOSTING MY GAME HERE :| (Thanks btw Mashi)

TWG XIX: Mind Games

THE WOLVES: Wolves kill one player a night phase via popular vote. They know who the other wolves are.
1. Master Wolf – Wolf Seer’d green
2. Wolf
3. Wolf
OBJECTIVE: Eliminate enough players so that there are as many other players as there are Wolves. without being found out.

THE BLUES: Humans with benefits.
4. Seer – PMs the host every night phase to find out another’s color. Plays on the Human team.
5. Guardian - PMs the host every night phase to guard a player.  Plays on the Human team.

THE UNKNOWNS: The mysterious beings who function as their own team. They have all been manipulated in some way that they do not remember their role, except for the Messenger, who with his power is meant to tell them what their role is, so the Unknowns can work together to win. The Illusionist, Hypnotist, and Minion are told they are Unknowns, but they do not know which.
6. Illusionist – is able to nullify another’s power via PM to the host once per night phase. This effect ends at the end of the Night Phase. Does not know he is the Illusionist. Is Seer’d orange.
7. Messenger – sends the name of one player every phase to the Host. At the end of that Phase, that player and the Messenger will both be aware of the player’s role. (However, the player will not know who the Messenger is.) The Messenger knows his role from the beginning. Is Seer’d orange.
8. Hypnotist – is able to send a PM to the Host each night phase in order to hypnotize one player into changing their color (permanently, unless the Hypnotist changes it again). The player will have no recollection of the event (will not be told at all). Does not know he is the Hypnotist. Is Seer’d orange.
9. Minion – no special powers, but plays for the Unknown team. Is not told he is the Minion. Is Seer’d orange.
OBJECTIVE: Eliminate enough players so that there are as many other players as there are Unknowns.

THE HUMANS: The innocent bystanders who must rely on the Seer and Guardian to win the game.
10. Herring – Human Seer’d blue
11. Human
12. Human

IN THE EVENT THAT THERE ARE NO HUMANS LEFT, AND AN EQUAL AMOUNT OF WOLVES AND UNKNOWNS, THE WINNER WILL BE DETERMINED BASED ON OVERALL PERFORMANCE.

I don't know how a third party game would work, but it sounds like fun. I will not host if we have inactive people like before though.

Mashi

Okay, so no one else seems to be interested in hosting, therefore everyone may vote now.

SlowPokemon VS Mashi

Gogogogogogogogogo

SlowPokemon

Umm...I vote SLOWPOKEMON cause I like hosting. And I want to see my story unfolding. >:]

jk Mashi and I don't get to vote.

Jub3r7

Wow, does everybody bounce their ideas off Mashi? XD

Oh no two awesome people games and I have to pick a favorite!
Okay, I'm going to pretend that the person behind each game is someone random that I don't actually know.

:| The D Day invasion has really good balance between wolf and human powers, along with cardflip, which I've never tried before...
And Mind Games has a completely separate group that looks like it would be fun to play, but other than that...

TWG XIX: "Hey Hitler, the Allies Called.  They Want Their French Capital Back"- D Day Invasion
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Mashi

Jub3r7 is the only cool person for voting.

Everyone else, I'm confident that you can all do better. :(

SuperFireKirby

I'm having a tough time deciding. You've got Slow's very different game setup on one end, and Mash's more familiar but still unique game setup on the other end.

Hmmmmmm.... just cuz I wanna see how the heck it works out, Slow's game it is.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Mashi

Pssssssssst.

Pssssssssst.

Pssssssssst.

Pssssssssst.

Mashi

SlowPokemon's TWG: Mind Games

SLOWPOKEMON WINS.
You may create the Sign Ups Topic now.

Mashi