News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Ugh

Started by Jub3r7, January 21, 2012, 07:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

http://soundcloud.com/jub3r7/ugh

Currently scanning my computer with AVG because this sound is playing OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again.
Actually, it finally stopped, but that doesn't mean that the source of the problem is gone...

Any ideas what it could have been?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Wrydryn

Assuming Win. 7 as your OS. Yes? No?

I've never heard this error sound before but I can try to check. What were you doing when the sound started and stopped, just try to give me a guess if you don't know.

Jub3r7

I had skype in that always-opened mode but not logged in and I was checking llf and nsm in google chrome.

I ignored it at first, but after I ran katawa shoujo, it just got louder.

By then I started scanning and also googled "constant beeping noise from computer" or something like that and found something related to skype; I ended all instances of skype but the sound didn't really stop at all. D:

It was seriously getting annoying; turned down the volume.
CPU usage reported 99% so I exited out of katawa shoujo and google chrome.
I turned up the volume again and the sound became slower after I opened audacity to record it and complain about it. :(

In fact, after I changed the microphone to Stereo Mix and began recording, I didn't hear another beep for another minute and four seconds; that was the last beep from the incident that you hear in the recording.

Also yeah I'm fairly certain that this is Windows 7 Vista. or something like that.
e: Windows 7 Home Premium, to be exact.

Wrydryn

Hmm, I'm not exactly certain but I can do some more hunting for you if you want me to. Just let me know if it does happen again so I know it's not a one time thing.

Jub3r7

Another strange occurrence happened but it wasn't as obtrusive as the repeating sound effect.

A command prompt popped open and closed before I could see what it said, twice.
The third time I prepared to screen shot it, but it didn't happen again.

Scanning with AVG... again...

KefkaticFanatic

http://forums.techguy.org/54-virus-other-malware-removal/

Follow instructions on stickies and post in this forum.  Sounds like you have some sort of malware.

me irl
[close]