News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Tremolo between two notes in Finale Notepad 2008 - HOW?

Started by Bespinben, June 14, 2011, 12:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Just as title says. I'd really rather not clutter up my score with a bunch of 32nd notes alternating back and forth. Also, I am not referring to trills; I am speaking of rapid alternations between two distanced notes. I just can't figure out how to do it, even after looking at the user manual. If anyone has experience with this, please share with me the solution. Thanks!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Shadoninja

I don't think it's possible in any version of notepad. I don't know about the other versions but finale 2011 can do it with plug-ins.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

BUMP! Is it possible to do this with printmusic 2010? If so, how?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Shadoninja

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 22, 2012, 04:26:59 PMBUMP! Is it possible to do this with printmusic 2010? If so, how?
it might be possible. check the plugins if you have them.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

I don't know how to/what that is. Just to be clear I just need it to look right, not necessarily play right.
I need it to look like this:

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 22, 2012, 04:44:53 PMI don't know how to/what that is. Just to be clear I just need it to like right, not necessarily play right.
I need it to look like this:

What I would do is:

Enter E and B as whole notes and use the tool with the staccato/accent/etc. the markings are there...I don't know how to get it to look right though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

They have to have the tremolo marking between them or else it means to rapidly play the chord. Separating them indicates rapid alternation between the two notes(what I need).

JDMEK5

Boy, this is simple on my choice music program. But unfortunately, I'm no good with finale. Sorry I can't help. :-\
I know exactly what you mean though.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

OKAY! I found a way to fake it! (No thanks to anyone here, unfortunatly :'( )
It doesn't playback right, but it will look decent.

1)In layer 1 enter the lowest note.

2)In the articulation tool select the tremolo marking.

3)In layer 2 add the highest note.

4)Using the speedy entry tool, click on the highest note and drag it to the right.

5)Go back to layer 1 and move the tremolo marking to the designated spot.

What layers you choose to use are highly irrelevant.