Game: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Kalos Region Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

goldenscruff

This might be overly explicit, but m5-14 the LH could use staccatos b1 and b3 and a tenuto b4. (or just add articulations m5-7 and add simile)

I'm hearing the end of m3 as a triplet not tresillo.

m15-16,19-20 I'm hearing the horns replay b3 on b4. If it doesn't look too detached, could have the LH replay the same notes on b4.

Latios212

Quote from: goldenscruff on May 12, 2024, 12:56:54 PMThis might be overly explicit, but m5-14 the LH could use staccatos b1 and b3 and a tenuto b4. (or just add articulations m5-7 and add simile)
I thought about this a bit since I wasn't sure whether to indicate pedal to the user or not. I think it does make sense to make the articulation a little more explicit, though! I don't want to put staccato on beat 1 since as the only bass notes here I'd like them to stick around a bit longer, but beat 1.5/3/3.5 make sense to have staccatos, and yes tenuto on beat 4. Simile sounds good at m. 7

Quote from: goldenscruff on May 12, 2024, 12:56:54 PMI'm hearing the end of m3 as a triplet not tresillo.
Ah yep, good catch

Quote from: goldenscruff on May 12, 2024, 12:56:54 PMm15-16,19-20 I'm hearing the horns replay b3 on b4. If it doesn't look too detached, could have the LH replay the same notes on b4.
Oh, I never noticed that! The bass doesn't restrike but I think replaying the upper notes on beat 4 of those measures sounds good underneath the melody.

Files updated, thank you for the feedback :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

goldenscruff

Changes all look good.

I'm not too sure on these which is why I didn't comment the first time.
m17 I'm hearing Dbmaj7 sound for the first beat and a half-ish, and would change RH to CFAb.

I hear a harmony m17 b4, might be Gn or Cn in upper LH, but either sound a bit off to me, and its fine without it.

Bloop

-pickup + m1: There's some more harmony in the brass arpeggio, and the R.H. C on m1 beat 1 is a bit finnicky to get, maybe you could have the L.H. help out a bit here like this?
You cannot view this attachment.
-m14 (and similar): It's a bit hard for the player to have the R.H. run on beat 4 end on the chord on beat 1 of the next measure (increasingly getting harder the bigger the chord ends up getting). Usually for quick runs/scales it's required for the thumb to be on white keys instead of black keys, for lighter key weight and easier finger movement. This means the thumb will have to play the C and doesn't have enough time to comfortable get the lower notes in the chord on beat 1. You'd either have to keep the end of the run as a single note Eb, or change the run to something shorter that doesn't require the player to switch positions (something like a 16th triplet starting on Bb on beat 4.5, or 32nds starting on Ab, in both cases maybe still with an Eb on beat 4 to indicate the 'start' of the run). Also, whichever run you end up keeping, in m24 beat 1 it's probably easier for the player to leave out the bottom Eb in the R.H. as well.
-m17: I think I can hear the notes goldenscruff mentioned here too (maybe the C from beat 1 goes to Db in beat 2?). In beat 4 I can hear the (L.H.) strings rebow too.
-m18: The dot from the R.H. F is a bit squished between the staff line and the Eb, maybe you could switch the placement of the two layers (so the bottom layer is on the left instead of the right)? Also, maybe it's easier for the R.H. to take the Bb on beat 2 instead of the L.H., as it's already playing that Bb on beat 1 and 3 too.

goldenscruff

Quote from: Bloop on May 22, 2024, 11:24:03 AM-m14 (and similar): It's a bit hard for the player to have the R.H. run on beat 4 end on the chord on beat 1 of the next measure
I've been looking at this run. Playing through I was doing thumb on Ab which isn't bad, but another option could be thumb on Gn, and turning 4 over 5 for the Eb: (2,3,1,2,3,4,5,124 (Eb) or 134 (Cmin)). Either way the bottom Eb in m24 b1.0 seems unreasonable to play.

I think including some fingering in m14, what ever you decide, would be a good idea.