News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

LeviR.star's "Too Hot To Handle" Project Sheets

Started by LeviR.star, August 09, 2023, 06:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Fantastic! I'll accept Vocal Volcano then!

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Hi, just bumping this thread for the updaters in case I missed something in the previous feedback
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Hiya, sorry for the wait! Most of the updaters have been pretty busy last few weeks

Lava Factory
-There are a few places in the R.H. where you've used 32nd notes to imitate the vibrato of the melody (like in m5-8, not the ones like in m13). They're not wrong, but I personally have some trouble trying to play them, they feel a bit counterintuitive at this speed or quickly start sounding a bit messy. I'm ok with them staying if you prefer them (might just be a skill issue on my part haha), but some alternatives may be leaving them out, or changing them to grace notes so it's easier to differentiate them from the actual melody notes.
-m12: I hear the G# in the R.H. already in beat 2.5. Also, the three E's in the L.H. in beat 4 are a bit uncomfortable to play, maybe you could move the second one up an octave?
-m14 and 22: Also this bass movement from beat 2 to beat 3.25 has some quite large leaps at this tempo, maybe moving up the E and G on beat 2.5-2.75 helps easing it up for the player?
-m20 and 28: I hear an A instead of G# in the R.H. on beat 2.5 (still G# on beat 2.75 of course)

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bloop on October 19, 2023, 05:09:33 AMHiya, sorry for the wait! Most of the updaters have been pretty busy last few weeks

Understood, I was checking in to see if I missed something in the previous posts

Quote from: Bloop on October 19, 2023, 05:09:33 AM-There are a few places in the R.H. where you've used 32nd notes to imitate the vibrato of the melody (like in m5-8, not the ones like in m13). They're not wrong, but I personally have some trouble trying to play them, they feel a bit counterintuitive at this speed or quickly start sounding a bit messy. I'm ok with them staying if you prefer them (might just be a skill issue on my part haha), but some alternatives may be leaving them out, or changing them to grace notes so it's easier to differentiate them from the actual melody notes.
-m12: I hear the G# in the R.H. already in beat 2.5.
-Also, the three E's in the L.H. in beat 4 are a bit uncomfortable to play, maybe you could move the second one up an octave?
-m14 and 22: Also this bass movement from beat 2 to beat 3.25 has some quite large leaps at this tempo, maybe moving up the E and G on beat 2.5-2.75 helps easing it up for the player?
-m20 and 28: I hear an A instead of G# in the R.H. on beat 2.5 (still G# on beat 2.75 of course)

- you make a good point; aside from the difficulty issue, I also want to distinguish the vibrato-esque flourishes from the 32nds in the melody, so this would be a smart thing to do. If the performer finds these parts too tricky to play, then now I'm sure they'll know which notes to leave out
- I've been discontent with these added chords, as I think they take away from the impact of beat 3, so I'm proposing a solution: in this spot, as well as the similar instances in m. 20 and 28, I'm removing an A so that it's neither a suspended 2nd nor dominant sound, but a neutral 4th interval as a transition point. That way, it makes the fast 16th chords easier to play, and solves the issue with the voice leading's timing. What do you think?
- you got it
- great idea! I assume you want this done wherever it occurs, not just m. 14 and 22, so I'll modify the other spots as well
- (see point from above)

The file has been updated; thanks, Bloop! Let me know what you think.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 21, 2023, 08:18:08 PM- I've been discontent with these added chords, as I think they take away from the impact of beat 3, so I'm proposing a solution: in this spot, as well as the similar instances in m. 20 and 28, I'm removing an A so that it's neither a suspended 2nd nor dominant sound, but a neutral 4th interval as a transition point. That way, it makes the fast 16th chords easier to play, and solves the issue with the voice leading's timing. What do you think?
That works too yeah!

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 21, 2023, 08:18:08 PM- great idea! I assume you want this done wherever it occurs, not just m. 14 and 22, so I'll modify the other spots as well
- (see point from above)
Ah yes, I looked over those other spots haha

Everything looks good to me, I can accept!
You cannot view this attachment.