News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

PCAno

Started by shane91c, March 11, 2009, 08:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tranzlater

Quote from: shane91c on March 21, 2009, 01:38:47 PM
Quote from: GreekGeek on March 21, 2009, 07:28:27 AMThey forgot the Greek one  :o
ano means "upstairs" in Greek :o

But Ontopic, Shane could ya explain to me why it is useful? I know it sounds really harsh and kudos for makin' such a thing, but what's exactly the advantage of using PCAno above something like Finale or so? It's very hard to play piano with your computer keyboard.
P.S. and ano means "with your arse" in Latin :)

Good question. PCAno is designed for many types of people.

It allows people who have never touched a piano in their life to start learning without having to go out and buy an expensive keyboard/piano.

It enables you to use those "MIDI Keyboards" that don't have any sound banks, such as Creative's ProdiKeys.

When the Music Maker is complete, it will allow people to create music using a "tracker" which is very easy, and can create Standard MIDI Files.

It will also allow users to record "on-the-fly" and save the recording to a Standard MIDI File.

Users can use a screen recorder to show off or create tutorials.

Another W.I.P feature is that it will be able to connect to other PCAno's on a LAN, so multiple users can play together - The result of which can also be recorded to a Standard MIDI File.

It will also work with touch-screens (e.g. Tablet PCs, Interactive Whiteboards).

And one feature that, if they're anything like me, most NSM users will love - It will be able to play back MIDI files, with speed control, so you can SEE the notes and learn them. Works perfectly with the MIDI's on this site :D

Notice I say "will be able to" a lot. That's because I'm still working on it - The version that is available is a Beta version so people can test it. Which is why it's upsetting me that nobody is posting in my forums, because how do I know that it's working for everyone. I need feedback and I need to know what the community wants from PCAno.

Yay I got it working on my Vista...
When do you think it might be finished? Cuz at the moment I'm still trying to figure out how to link up keys to notes... eh heh...
You should put a detailed Help page on your site.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

shane91c

Yes I've been meaning to do a tutorial - I put some really crappy videos on YouTube, but I'll be doing some better ones soon using a screen recorder. I'll maybe make a text tutorial as well, for those who can't be "arsed" to watch a video :)

But without the support of members in the forums I don't know what people want. I see that you've registered, maybe you could help to get some activity on the forums? >.>

I understand that people don't like to post in an "empty" forum... But how else are we going to get posts in there :D

^ Some active members would be nice.... :(

Main NSM Site

Tranzlater

Quote from: shane91c on March 22, 2009, 05:57:26 AMYes I've been meaning to do a tutorial :)

But without the support of members in the forums I don't know what people want. I see that you've registered, maybe you could help to get some activity on the forums? >.>

I understand that people don't like to post in an "empty" forum... But how else are we going to get posts in there :D

Yeah I just joined... Still awaiting my email...
Probably not for long.

shane91c

Hmm you're using Yahoo so if you're lucky enough to have even recieved it, it'll be in your "Bulk" folder or whatever it's called...

Anyway since I am reasonably sure you're not a spam bot I've manually validated you so you can login now ;)

^ Some active members would be nice.... :(

Main NSM Site

Tranzlater

Quote from: shane91c on March 22, 2009, 06:07:04 AMHmm you're using Yahoo so if you're lucky enough to have even recieved it, it'll be in your "Bulk" folder or whatever it's called...

Anyway since I am reasonably sure you're not a spam bot I've manually validated you so you can login now ;)

Yay. And yes, I do use Yahoo.
Probably not for long.