News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

triforced1's Arrangements

Started by triforced1, August 01, 2011, 02:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triforced1

Added Gerudo Valley and FFII Battle replacements.

Cobraroll

Just a question on Gerudo Valley:

Several times throughout the sheet, I encounter measures where the right hand notes tell me to hold a key throughout the measure. The left hand notes tell me to tap that same key repeatedly. What do I do then?

Also, I'm a little unsure on the punctuation there. It doesn't always sound quite right, as if the notes are just cut off too early.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

triforced1

I was kinda sceptical about that part... I don't know if I should move the right hand up an octave or move the left hand down.

EDIT: Fixed. Lowered the left hand down an octave.

Olimar12345

Alot of this applies to yours.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 30, 2011, 09:05:30 AM-The title of this piece is "Gerudo Valley", not "Gerudo Fortress"(as seen in the official soundtrack)
-The 1st measure does not sound right-Too many wrong notes
-I think someone already mentioned that your missing the url, tempo marking, a ["], and "composition" is misspelled.
-Measures 8-11 dont need 8va
-The rhythm at 8 (and throught the piece) is written incorrectly:

-the 32nd note "trill" thing that starts at 12 is unnecessary-Remove it.
-The rhythm that starts at measure 16 is written incorrectly, look:

See how your able to see all four beats of the measure this way? much easier to read. Anywhere you have this rhythm you must apply this.
-At times You have multiple 8va's that collide-Fix it.
-Measures 16-23 don't even need an 8va.
-Measures 12, 22, and 23 are wrong-

Compare.
-The whole piece has two double bars in it, and both are in useless places
-Measures 24-29, and 32-43 have incorrect rhythm notation, see my 7th comment.
-I'm not totally sure about your choice of octaves throught the piece. I'd give that a good look through if I were you.
-I'd try to incorporate the bass line into the left hand, say have it play on beats 1 and 3, or 2 and 4. (if possible all 4 beats). Its quite a driving force to have a syncopated rhthm fight a simple bass line like this.
Also, those lowered bass notes are impossible to play.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

triforced1

Alright, fixed. Tell me if I got everything please :P

Olimar12345

Any measure with the rhythm at 32 is written wrong. Use ties until you can see the start of each beat. Also you have note collision in alot of places.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

triforced1

I thought I had changed the note collision... can you be more specific?

Also, does this look about right for the rhythm at 32?

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

That is the correct rhythm! See how much easier that is to read? You can break down each beat and see where the attacks are.

As for the collision-the #F on beat 3 of measures 28 and 29/measures 4-7. Compare yours to this version. (the one that I cleaned up for GO.)I like the left hand better this way. Thats just me tho.

Olimar12345

EFitTrainr

Everywhere. Except here. I'm simply doing as he said.
I like food.

Olimar12345

Well that sure is lame of him...