News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

TWG LXVIII: Split Personalities Post Game.

Started by davy, June 19, 2014, 01:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

TWG LXVIII: Split Personalities Post Game

Account reveal:

Yugi: Pikachu
TST: Waluigi
Olimar: Luigi
Fank: Kirby
Verm: Mario
Bird: Link
Maelstrom: Yoshi
BDS: Bowser

Role Reveal

1. Seer - Olimar12345
2. Vigi - BlackDragonSlayer
3. Guardian - TWG Mario (verm)
4. Reviver - The_Subjective_Thought

5. Seer - TWG Waluigi (TST)
6. Vigi - TWG Bowser (BDS)
7. Guardian - TWG Link (Bird)
8. Reviver - TWG Luigi (Olimar)

9. Seer - TWG Pikachu (Yugi)
10. Vigi - Yugi
11. Guardian - Bird
12. Reviver - fank009

13. Seer - maelstrom.
14. Vigi - vermillionvermin
15. Guardian - TWG Kirby (fank)
16. Reviver - TWG Yoshi (maelstrom)

Congratulations team Orange

Night 1:

Kirby (fank) guards fank
Bird guards link (Bird)
Link (Bird) guards bird
Mario (verm) guards TST

BDS vigi's verm
Bowser (BDS) vigi's fank (blocked by Kirby)
Yugi vigi's link (Bird, blocked by bird)
Verm vigi's yugi

Maelstrom seers verm
Olimar seers link (bird)
Waluigi seers kirby
Pikachu seers fank

Day 1:

fank is lynched

Night 2:

Yoshi (maelstrom) revives Fank

Bird guards link (Bird)
Link (Bird) guards bird
Mario (verm) guards TST
Kirby (fank) guards Maelstrom

BDS vigi's Mario (verm)
Bowser vigi: Kirby (fank)

Maelstrom seers TST
Olimar seer: TST
Waluigi seer: Yoshi

Day 2:

Fank is lynched (again).

Night 3:

Bowser (BDS) vigi's Yoshi (maelstrom)
BDS vigi's maelstrom

Olimar seers bird

Day 3:

TWG Pikachu is lynched

Night 4:

TST Forfeits
BDS Forfeits
Bird Forfeits

Day 4:

Olimar Forfeits

Player Analysis:

1. maelstrom.

Do you remember that I warned you during player sign-ups? It turns out that wasn't necessary. You did a great job for a first-time-player. You had the disadvantage of having two roles from the same team. I don't know if you claimed to verm because I didn't get all the messages night one, so I can't say anything about that. Night two you communicated well with fank, trying to save what could be saved, but unfortunately team orange had already taking control of the game at that time. You had no major screwups, save for the edit, so that's good. I'm not sure why you decided to vote BDS near the end of the phase, because you left your Yoshi vote on Bowser and it definately helped team orange get their victory. That's my only complaint though.

2. Olimar12345

You played a decent game in my opinion. You were the first player to claim, which is nice, but without claiming your role you weren't very trustworthy. Not claiming your role also allowed fank to infiltrate the red alliance, but you couldn't have known that so I don't blame you. Claiming only red also allowed bird to get the lynch on you, but fortunately for you he didn't get enough players on board to lynch you. I do like how you tried to gain bird's trust by claiming to him with your Luigi account, though claiming to him that you knew he was seered orange prevented that. After bird had secured the orange victory you pulled out your signature move and ended the game with hardly more than voting, a seering and forfeiting.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

fank009

I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Bird

(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mashi

Disappointed that Bird and TWG Link didn't both win. :(

fank009

here we go, I'm wondering whats bigger, my full post for all the roles and details for my "game of dreams", or this... (prolly the game of dreams, but we'll see)

Best way to go through it is through each nights play, and I hope I cover everything, will recap everything that I don't touch on at the end.

Night 1: At the very beginning of the game, I said to myself, If I had Reviver/Guardian, I was going to claim reviver to draw fire... (forgot about lynching) Verms private chat that he posted prolly didnt help me, but it had vintage fank all over it. (either that or I really undervalue the power of a revive, after all the vig claims. No, I had NOT played a team game before, but gambits said it was a good idea. It was after all the vig claims (all two of them) that I thought oh crap to myself, and tried to push for the vig to claim (on kirby). Do I regret claiming? claiming viver yes, claiming AS viver... no. and I would do it again with that setup
Q, Why wasnt bird under fire, he never claimed he could have been anything...

Day 1:Need to have a look at the logs, as to when I infiltrated red... but I doubt I would have gone far... in hindsight after TST seer'd me. I think thats when BDS stopped talking to me, I got enough information though, that prolly changed my opinion on the game.
basically, day 1 was trying to use the idea, that there were bigger threats out there, and once I realised that BDS/TST/Olimar (I'll call them team ored from now on)we're possibly red/orange... yeah, I tried to use that to bring unity and to try swing bird/verm (bird, how did you do it? psst verm, Told you so ;))
Lots of retrospect, in the sense that team ored start the lynch against link... Shows you how disorganized they really were. this game prolly wouldnt have lasted a day if they were properly organized, but that's BDS's management for you.
The lynch...
Don't get me started on the lynch.
Although davy somewhat eased the pain, I still hold the idea it shouldn't have happened...

The post was edited... 10 HOURS AFTER...
do you know what you can do in 10 hours? have a sleep. (which im guessing what happened.) do you know what else can happen in 10hrs others can wake up/go to bed, and thats EXACTLY what happened.

As you said in the PM, you had somewhat of an idea.

Bird, please tell me, 1) did you notice the edit, 2) was the vote for me a whim or calculated? 3) If your two votes couldnt lynch me... would you have forced the tie?

but yeah, its stupid, it should never happen, and mael, Your first lesson...
NEVER SPLIT THE VOTE!. NEVER, ESPECIALLY IN TEAM GAMES. ESPECAILLY IN THIS GAME :/
10 hours is way too long for "an action to emerge".

(It is BS, you go to bed with one thing, and wake up with something else happening.)

I did somewhat fear that happening... but I somewhat put it at the back of my mind.

anyway.
As I said, the game ended with my lynch D1... orange had majority (well they had 8 anyway), and that basically was the game in the nutshell

Now to address some specific things
Team Ored, Why bird?

Bird you sneaky devil... you know, as stated, you played a really good game, holding the cards... I should have asked for more, I gave you way too much. Q, how organized were you going into the lynch? AND did you see Team Ored's decision of you vs verm?

Verm. I somewhat had all the pieces together... I just needed confirmation on 2 shots and targets
shots from BDS  and orange (didnt know at the time) on me and you. I somewhat speculated bird was vig, but I couldnt explain other things. IF I knew, I would have gone to you immediatley with "the truth".

Quite a sad tale really, went to red "because it was profitable" asking me and mael to rub your back, while you were rubbing reds, yet you were stabbed in return... ah irony.

Olimar... Night 2, I had a speculation, that you may have been full red, (after that spiel at link on that orange seering), I did find some of the contents of PMs unnecessary, but could you at least tell me, if it was an act or not, and also, Why bird?

BDS, if you claimed orange, you prolly would have won the game sooner.

The game's setup I think RNG had too much influence.
You had me stuck between a rock and a hard place, (not to mention mael/yugi) and Team Ored.
but eh, thats how rng works at times, could have influenced it a bit so that you would have had a split of 6-6-6-6 in the vote power, as that was the main reason bird/verm went away from green/blue. rand wasn't kind, and with how unforgiving it is for someone being lynched...

what else was there. If I missed anything I'll prolly go through in the awards in the morning

Bird

TST had kind of been shunned by Team Red, so he and I talked a bunch with him as Waluigi and me as TWG Link. He was my first confidante, since I thought his claim seemed legit. After figuring out most of the alt-pairings, I saved TWG Bowser and was able to use that as leverage to get him to come to team orange. Telling him every role in the game probably helped with that as well. Aftrer that, Olimar was let in on it, and already saw that TST and BDS were supporting orange, so I guess he was down to do so as well.

fank, what edit are you talking about?

Also, if you were wondering, I wasn't bluffing when I said I had found out all the alts on Link. Here was my methodology for each one:
Spoiler
vermilionvermin as Mario - This was my favorite one. Mario and verm are the only two people in the game who put two spaces after a period.
Yugi as Pikachu - Only player in the game known to say "motherfucker." Plus, he joined the chat with a .au hostmask, and I know he's Australian. I felt bad about figuring him out that way, but I told the host about it immediately.
BDS as Bowser - Bowser posted a smiley almost immediately. BDS is known for his smiley usage, and this particular smiley came from LLF. He couldn't be verm, Yugi or I (the other players who go to LLF) since they already had been matched up, so it had to be BDS as Bowser.
fank009 as Kirby - I gave him some information, and eventually got him to admit it to me.
TST as Waluigi - Talked to him for a bit, suggesting that we were almost certainly on the same team, and got him to admit it to me.
Olimar as Luigi - Luigi said he seered me orange, and I knew the only team that seered me were the reds. BDS/TST/verm had already been matched up, leaving Olimar.
maelstrom. as Yoshi - Process of elimination.
[close]
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fank009 on June 20, 2014, 04:50:02 AMthis game prolly wouldnt have lasted a day if they were properly organized, but that's BDS's management for you.
XD

Both Olimar and TST didn't really commit to their claims- TST didn't even say what role he was at all (and, in the chat, said he wasn't red), and Olimar said that he could be either the seer or reviver (but he refused to tell me which until later).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

fank009

Bird, I meant mael's edit

That reminds me, in your situation, I would have gone blue, more concrete of a plan.

Maelstrom

Thiannon

This was a lot of fun to follow. Definitely not a structure I ever would have hit on in a million years, and much better than the typical use of alternate accounts: doing detective work and trying to figure out who everyone is is fun! Also Bird was hilarious as TWG Link. I'd like to see this run again with six teams of four and no players with multiple roles on the same team: we'd likely get a more balanced, longer game (half the players guaranteed to win was a little much).

Nice job, davy.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

davy

I'm writing player analysis in blocks of two players. I hope I'll be able to finish it today.

Quote from: fank009 on June 20, 2014, 04:50:02 AMdo you know what you can do in 10 hours? have a sleep. (which im guessing what happened.) do you know what else can happen in 10hrs others can wake up/go to bed, and thats EXACTLY what happened.

Welcome to my TWG experiences.

Quote from: fank009 on June 20, 2014, 04:50:02 AMThe game's setup I think RNG had too much influence.
You had me stuck between a rock and a hard place, (not to mention mael/yugi) and Team Ored.
but eh, thats how rng works at times, could have influenced it a bit so that you would have had a split of 6-6-6-6 in the vote power, as that was the main reason bird/verm went away from green/blue. rand wasn't kind, and with how unforgiving it is for someone being lynched...

Certainly true. I'll add more on that in the first post when I've finished the player analysis.

Tnx Thiannon
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Yugi