News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Started by pumpy_heart, February 22, 2008, 10:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

i think so, cuz theyve gotten great reviews, plus i think it's great!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

SuperFireKirby

You know what would amaze me? If in just one Nintendo game, the characters actlly talked. It's like in every game all the characters are mute accept for a few grunts.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

iDOWN

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 29, 2008, 03:25:38 PMYou know what would amaze me? If in just one Nintendo game, the characters actlly talked. It's like in every game all the characters are mute accept for a few grunts.

"HYYYRRAAAAH! SHUIT! HRRRRRRAAAAAH!"
-Link

EDIT:
At least Ike fights for his friends, Mario knows his name, and Samus wants you to "try" her. :P

Composer #40

Nintendo's just too lazy to pay voice actors for the game's that desperately need it (Link really needs to talk). The only ones that made the effort were Star Fox and Fire Emblem: PoR In the Japanese version of the game, there was voice acting for the entire script, not just the movies.

It happens Every. Day!

PseudoMario16

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 29, 2008, 09:02:41 AMBut it was alot harder to unlock characters in melee than in brawl.
hell yeah it was- like playing 20HRS 4 mewtwo!!!! or winning classic mode with every character 4 game and watch!!! (who sucks...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

SuperFireKirby

Are you kidding me? Mr. Game and Watch is the most pwnage character ever! (Right after Kirby)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

PseudoMario16

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 29, 2008, 03:25:38 PMYou know what would amaze me? If in just one Nintendo game, the characters actlly talked. It's like in every game all the characters are mute accept for a few grunts.
actually, in the mario party games, the people talk if you go to the sound ortions, the people can say like three or four lines each, but yeah, i know what u mean, there are like no nintendo games (that i can think of) where the people actually talk
i like in dk 64 where funky kong makes all those explosion noises when ur in his shop

Jedesyus

Personally, I think it was too easy to unlock all of the characters in brawl, i diddnt feel like i achieved anything when it gave me the message saying something along the lines of:

"Congradulations!! you have unlocked all of the characters blah blah blah now the real fight begins!!"

idk, mabye its coz i main peach and Ike, which are both available from the start -.=

oh yeah, one more thing, Subspace was a draaaag

Palagerini

Quote from: PseudoMario16 on July 30, 2008, 08:10:35 PM
actually, in the mario party games, the people talk if you go to the sound ortions, the people can say like three or four lines each, but yeah, i know what u mean, there are like no nintendo games (that i can think of) where the people actually talk
i like in dk 64 where funky kong makes all those explosion noises when ur in his shop

i wouldn't mind talking if they talk like retards... but as of now i kinda like no talking.. although if they were to make them talk i would hope it would be only in cutscenes... i would get so tired of hearing some kinda a punch line from mario every 3 min... and almost all super hero games have that... and it's soo annoying..
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Nana1Popo2

well, in a mario game, such as Super Mario Galaxy, Mario talked quite a bit. especially at the end: "Thank you so much, for playing my game!" and luigi, too: "Mario! Mario!" or "Super Luigi Galaxy!"

Mario Kart Wii also had quite a few sayings.

but ya, i know what u mean. i can understand Link, it's not in his nature to talk. i think he shouldnt, and should just keep the games like that. but Charles Martinet does 3 voices already (Mario, Wario, and Waluigi) I was so surprised when this game came out. i was so psyched to see so many people talking so much more. or more grunts.

and i think the whole purpose of this game was just to see how the characters would react to each other. i think if one talked, such as: "Hey Pit, my name's a-Mario" while he just looks at him, wouldn't be great. Besides most of the characters don't talk anyway. i mean look at the pokemon. and characters like Kirby.
lol.....maybe a bit more of the interacting....and it will be good
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

iDOWN

Charles also does Luigi, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. :P

SuperFireKirby

I personally think that Nintendo need to stop the crap where they make the characters grunt and then have word typed on the bottom of the screen. Even low budget Sony and Microsoft games make them talk where they actually talk but super high budget games like LoZ are still doing this bullshit? It was alright in the 80's to the late 90's but cut the crap Nintendo and use the money you take your bath in a put it to use!

PseudoMario16

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 31, 2008, 06:39:10 PMI personally think that Nintendo need to stop the crap where they make the characters grunt and then have word typed on the bottom of the screen. Even low budget Sony and Microsoft games make them talk where they actually talk but super high budget games like LoZ are still doing this bullshit? It was alright in the 80's to the late 90's but cut the crap Nintendo and use the money you take your bath in a put it to use!
amen, brutha

Gooch

Quote from: PseudoMario16 on July 31, 2008, 07:55:14 PM
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 31, 2008, 06:39:10 PMI personally think that Nintendo need to stop the crap where they make the characters grunt and then have word typed on the bottom of the screen. Even low budget Sony and Microsoft games make them talk where they actually talk but super high budget games like LoZ are still doing this bullshit? It was alright in the 80's to the late 90's but cut the crap Nintendo and use the money you take your bath in a put it to use!
amen, brutha

Personally, i believe that they are a little better that way. In all reality, i would rather not have a clue what Link's voice sounds like. Some characters, however, deserve voice-overs but some (i.e. Link) simply need to stay mute.

MetroidHunter26

I think Mario needs to talk more than any other character and Samus can blurt out sayings and stuff (WEEEELLL MAbey but she's still silent!) I mean in Prime 3 the voices were pretty good (They were the ONLY good ones considering Metroid Games don't even have actuall speech let alone any dialouge!) and if they set time to mabey get bowser and some major villians to talk in the game then it would of been...bareble.  I mean Wario,Mario,Peach,Luigi,Bowser,Ike,Pit,Snake,Sonic,Fox,Falco,Wolf,Captain Falcon(VERY BIG MABEY),EXCLUDING SAMUS(She has no reason to talk what so ever :\) and Even Marth for the love of God HAVE NO EXCUSE Not to have had the voice actors to add a little more depth or more insight on the story and mabey better winning dialouge. but still what's done is done.