Super Smash Bros Brawl

Started by pumpy_heart, February 22, 2008, 10:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MegaMoo

Quote from: MegaMoo on March 11, 2008, 05:53:38 PMI will post this question here rather than make a new topic:

What is the music playing in the ruins you visit as Lucas (in the Subspace Emmisary)? It sounds veeeeeery familiar to me, but I can't figure out what it is.

No one answered this, but I figured it out anyway! The song is from Super Mario Land in the third and a few other worlds. Still, I can't seem to find it in the Sound Test anywhere. Does it need to be unlocked (if so, how?).

UpperHand

Quote from: razer84 on March 18, 2008, 12:25:10 PMIke is beast. and n00bs misuse him. and Pit is n00b.

Pit is not even close to being as much of a noob character as Ike. You can give about 70% damage in two hits with Ike, that's stupid.

Pit is light and can get knocked off the stage easily. That's probably why they gave him an Up-B that lets him recover quickly. Well -- that, and he has wings.

iatetheinternet

...Ok just cause people are going on i want to sum this up. Ike is very powerful but thats evened by his clunkyness, by that hes not that great for linking moves (combos) like, link, fox and so on. Pit is alright but is really annoying in a noobs hands. Everyone just mashes >,B and you cant get out most of the time, also when hit hard he can easily fly back and someone said hes light and get killed easy. Thats true but on most levels, ive noticed, the size of the battle areas are HUGE compared to melee so it takes time to kill someone. so pit is a noob. ikes poweful but can be dodged, so its a case of learning when to strike.

Anyways ive only just noticed but has anyone seen a reference to mario galaxy in brawl? like music or even a stage?

Soon i'll eat YOU!!!

The Mindzeye

Yes SMG is on the chronicle list but thats about it. It came out when Brawl was almost finished so that might be why there are no stages/songs.

razer84

yeah, Sakurai doesn't like Galaxy.

damn commies.

MegaMoo

Quote from: Shadoninja on March 18, 2008, 09:38:41 PMIt‘s called “Ground Theme”

Umm...no, that's the original song from Super Mario Bros....

Shadoninja

Quote from: MegaMoo on March 18, 2008, 09:30:46 PM
Quote from: MegaMoo on March 11, 2008, 05:53:38 PMI will post this question here rather than make a new topic:

What is the music playing in the ruins you visit as Lucas (in the Subspace Emmisary)? It sounds veeeeeery familiar to me, but I can't figure out what it is.

No one answered this, but I figured it out anyway! The song is from Super Mario Land in the third and a few other worlds. Still, I can't seem to find it in the Sound Test anywhere. Does it need to be unlocked (if so, how?).
It's called underground theme (super mario land)
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

MrUnibrow

Quote...The song is from Super Mario Land in the third and a few other worlds. Still, I can't seem to find it in the Sound Test anywhere. Does it need to be unlocked (if so, how?).
It's just a normal cd thing.

Anyways, I'm hoping to find Stickerbrush Symphony in my CD Factory. That's a REALLY good song!
Hm....

razer84

the online was waaaay too laggy today. i just played five brawls online, all of which ended in me getting disconnected. (and it took a full two minutes for my Ike to do a standard-B attack.)

damn commies.

ZnD

razer84

Quote from: ZnD on March 20, 2008, 04:14:28 PMBrawl on Tuesday!

eh?

you get brawl on Tuesday, or you want to brawl us on Tuesday?

damn commies.

KefkaticFanatic

You don't pay attention, do you?  He's importing Brawl from wherever and using a region-lock breaker thing (Wii Freeloader) to play it.

me irl
[close]

razer84

Quote from: gamer4251 on March 21, 2008, 07:36:12 AMYou don't pay attention, do you?  He's importing Brawl from wherever and using a region-lock breaker thing (Wii Freeloader) to play it.

oh yeah. :-\ and Concerto wanted to buy that thing as well, right?

damn commies.

Shiny Boy

Wow, missed a lot of the discussion here. Been too busy Brawlin'.
Ok. I use Pit a lot in the Subspace Emissary, simply for his recovery skills. Ike I use for standard Brawls, because of his high damage and good smashing ability. His real problem is a total lack of recovering ability when launched horizontally. His ^B is useful only when he is right under the stage.
I used Meta Knight until I realized just how weak he is. He's fun and robust, but his moves weren't strong enough for high-level CPUs.
Same deal with Sonic, but his speed makes up for it in my opinion.
As for Snake: I didn't like using him. His moves took too long to use.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

razer84

Quote from: Silence of Darkness on March 21, 2008, 10:26:01 AMWow, missed a lot of the discussion here. Been too busy Brawlin'.
Ok. I use Pit a lot in the Subspace Emissary, simply for his recovery skills. Ike I use for standard Brawls, because of his high damage and good smashing ability. His real problem is a total lack of recovering ability when launched horizontally. His ^B is useful only when he is right under the stage.
I used Meta Knight until I realized just how weak he is. He's fun and robust, but his moves weren't strong enough for high-level CPUs.
Same deal with Sonic, but his speed makes up for it in my opinion.
As for Snake: I didn't like using him. His moves took too long to use.

okay, to recover horizontally with Ike, do a mid-air jump (1st jump), then as soon as you reach the maximum height of that jump charge his >B and release it when you reach the same level as the stage. you can do your 2nd and 3rd jumps if you need to after this, but it almost always works. and with Snake, you just have to wait for them to come to you. you have to practice with the timing for his smashes and specials, but once you get the hang of it he kicks ass. (also Snake's short hop is nice and short, so you can use air attacks near the ground... and his standard punches are okay if you get surprised.)

damn commies.