News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Started by pumpy_heart, February 22, 2008, 10:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

you could always request that it be changed to "Brawler4AFewMinutes"

or keep it and be devoted to fighting games, because brawl doesn't have to be smash bros related.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

blah54

Quote from: Silence of Darkness on April 20, 2008, 09:41:28 PMTales of Symphonia popped up for me, and being an 80 hour game, it has taken priority. I'm still up for a Brawl anytime I have friends over though. It's not boring yet.

tales of symphonia is not an 80 hour game lol... that's an absurd amount of time... even if you do all the sidequests like abyssion (devil's arms), maxwell, alternate costumes etc it might take you 50-60 hours at most (and this being on mania difficulty)...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Shiny Boy

Still, a long game for someone with such a tight schedule. And I need to finish it before Dawn of the New World comes out.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

Shiny Boy

Nonetheless, it's all the same game. Everyone needs a Smash break every once in a while.

KefkaticFanatic

Yeah, but after a while all it's really good for is local multiplayer.

me irl
[close]

razer84

damn commies.

ZnD

Unless you play to improve your highscores.

Shiny Boy

I think that depends on what kind of gamer you are. I'll go back to Brawl and do things like 15-Minute Brawl, but for now I'm playing other, more engaging games.

razer84

Yahtzee's SSBB review

i actually kind of agree with this. the game does require that an almost excessive amount of effort be put into it so that you can unlock everything, the levels are uber-repetitive (i never did finish SSE, and i don't plan to), and the camera does zoom out to much. i still enjoy playing the game with other people, but i hate the single-player.

flame shields up?

(oh, and with all of Yahtzee's reviews, it is profane. children be warned.)

damn commies.

KefkaticFanatic

That guy is the best XD I love his reviews.  If his review is like what you're saying, then he's 100% correct.

me irl
[close]

Shiny Boy

I agree, SE was very tedious. But as far as multiplayer, it is designed to be fun, not serious. And when Brawl came out, it wasn't guaranteed that everyone would enjoy it. Somehow I knew Yahtzee's Brawl review would be direly negative (when is he not?). I don't know how much I agree with on this review.

razer84

Quote from: ZnD on April 24, 2008, 12:37:51 AM
Quote from: razer84 on April 23, 2008, 12:48:32 PMi actually kind of agree with this. the game does require that an almost excessive amount of effort be put into it so that you can unlock everything, the levels are uber-repetitive (i never did finish SSE, and i don't plan to), and the camera does zoom out to much. i still enjoy playing the game with other people, but i hate the single-player.
You officially fail, since it's Nintendo's best game ever made.

okay, watch the review. the last thing he points out is that there are fanboys like you that defend anything Nintendo does no matter if it is good or not. it's my opinion and you saying that i fail isn't going to change that. if you think you're so important that i'll change my opinion because you disagree, you fail.

damn commies.

Shiny Boy

Fanboyism is something I try to avoid, but occasionally seeps into my opinions of games. I actually think that Super Mario Galaxy is better than Brawl in that it doesn't get boring (or tedious) as quickly. Of course, Brawl is a better game than Yahtzee says it is, because most of his point is bashing games and their respective series and companies, but some of his points are rather painfully correct. That's what made his Orange Box review funny; his blatant love for Portal was unexpected and hilarious. Now, of course, he can't pull a stunt like that ever again.

B-Kpianist

Quote from: ZnD on April 24, 2008, 12:37:51 AM
Quote from: razer84 on April 23, 2008, 12:48:32 PMi actually kind of agree with this. the game does require that an almost excessive amount of effort be put into it so that you can unlock everything, the levels are uber-repetitive (i never did finish SSE, and i don't plan to), and the camera does zoom out to much. i still enjoy playing the game with other people, but i hate the single-player.
You officially fail, since it's Nintendo's best game ever made.
pfft... i haven't played a reeeeally good game since n64. Don't get me wrong- it's a great game, but it isn't nintendo's best game.

Shiny Boy

Best game? Who said that???
...Oh. Well. Wow. That's all I have to say.
Actually it's not all I have to say. Brawl is great, but for a game in it's genre, it has very little replay value. Which is sorta strange, I suppose.