TWG CVI: It's Been a Long Time Coming [Game Thread]

Started by mikey, May 20, 2018, 08:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 22, 2018, 05:38:03 PMI wanted to post something so that people knew I was here and not inactive, but I also didn't want it to just be, "Hey guys, I'm here. Ok, bye." And I didn't really have anything else to say yet.
how to properly do that:
1: pick something random to talk about, doesn't need to be recent
2: state your views on said point
3: see what others have said about other things and comment on those, either supporting or refuting them
4: rinse and repeat until a steady stream of activity has picked up and you don't need to talk about random things as much
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

QuoteSince when is there a minimum amount of things going on required to make a suspicion list? In my opinion, suspicion lists always help the humans regardless of how many things have been going on. Sure, I could just post my thoughts, but having a full list of all players gives more information. Also, I think this is quite the case of the kettle calling the pot back. You think I am suspicious for posting a suspicion list in a post where you post a top 3 list of suspicions.

The mininum amount of things going to to require a suspicion list has always been enough information to actually put people into a list. Also, what I did is exactly what I think you should be doing as a human, put your effort into talking about people you actually have substance on. Describing multiple people under one sentence isn't too useful.

Quote from: davy on May 22, 2018, 03:55:57 PMI'm not sure what to make of this statement. It is kinda wierd to say power stealing would be completely useless based off of Toby's and your powers alone. For a moment, I thought you might be a wolf knowing some other wolf's power, but I realised that wolves don't have any private communication (right noct?), so that can't be it.

Based on what I know from both my power and Toby's power, I can make a pretty good educated guess that Noc did not balance this game around power stealing. I mentioned that BDS (and I guess by extension you?) could have powers useful to wolves and could therefore assume power stealing as an option, but the possibility that BDS didn't know what kind of powers humans had is also a possibility.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 22, 2018, 05:35:51 PMPretty much what davy said. I don't know what's wrong with spitballing (which I'm 99% sure you already know I do a lot of), and besides, you do realize that if I were a wolf I'd already know what method the wolves have to counter massclaiming (at least, I'd hope I would)?

If you had a power not useful to the wolves, you wouldn't of considered spit balling it in the first place. I'm a bit surprised your response completely ignores your own power. "My power would be useful to the wolves" is a totally valid reason for your action without giving away important information.

QuoteHonestly, this is weak and you should be ashamed of yourself. It's not like it's a super strong suspicion list, and it seems like, to some degree, it's already succeeded at generating a little bit of buzz. And, after all, didn't you just post your top suspicions? Overall, kind of just looks like you're looking for weak things to pick on and exaggerate.

I should be ashamed of myself? Why are you emotional invested enough in davy's defense day one to start mud slinging already? I know you can get feisty when defending yourself, but I usually don't see you defending other people like that.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BrainyLucario

I'm not a fan of early suspicion lists so let me just comment on some stuff so that my opinions still get out there

Quote from: FireArrow on May 22, 2018, 01:14:06 PMBrainy (gratz on graduating) has been talking a lot about not game related things, which is a common behavior for wolves. I cought myself doing it a bit last game and bubbles tends to do it as well off the top of my head.
When I posted this, I was mostly doing so to try and give an excuse to me being inactive so that Noc wouldn't cut me from the game. Since you brought up the fact that you did this your last wolf game, care to bring up some examples? I don't really recall you doing that last game

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

Post Count
1. Olimar12345 FireArrow  (Posts: 2)
2. BlackDragonSlayer  (Posts: 6)
3. ThatHiddenCharacter  (Posts: 2)
4. Greg  (Posts: 3)
5. BrainyLucario  (Posts: 4)
6. Trasdegi  (Posts: 3)
7. Toby Messenger  (Posts: 12)
8. Mastersuperfan  (Posts: 4)
9. davy  (Posts: 2)
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on May 22, 2018, 06:52:57 PMIf you had a power not useful to the wolves, you wouldn't of considered spit balling it in the first place. I'm a bit surprised your response completely ignores your own power. "My power would be useful to the wolves" is a totally valid reason for your action without giving away important information.
I mean, obviously, I'm not going to talk about my own power, but that's a pretty close-minded assumption to make regardless. Even if one's own power isn't helpful to the wolves in its own right, there's no saying that others don't, or that the wolves could potentially get derivative powers based on the specials they kill/steal powers from. Hell, if you want to push this issue even further, the reason I brought up power stealing is because that was a mechanic of a game I ran on LLF, Caldo de Siete Mares (wolf started out with no powers but got powers based around the specials' powers for every special they killed).

QuoteI should be ashamed of myself? Why are you emotional invested enough in davy's defense day one to start mud slinging already? I know you can get feisty when defending yourself, but I usually don't see you defending other people like that.
Well, for one, it doesn't make much sense, and for another, it looks like you're just trying to pick up what little scraps you can and turn a mountain into a molehill, like I said. It doesn't appear that you're looking for wolves, rather, just looking for someone to lynch, and I think you know what that's not a good attitude to have.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 22, 2018, 07:26:17 PMWhen I posted this, I was mostly doing so to try and give an excuse to me being inactive so that Noc wouldn't cut me from the game. Since you brought up the fact that you did this your last wolf game, care to bring up some examples? I don't really recall you doing that last game
Like I said, why were you concerned about that when it's pretty obvious that you're not going to get cut, and even if you are, you're also pretty obviously not going to be the only one.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mikey on May 20, 2018, 08:40:51 PMFailure to do so will result in a warning
does this say anything about being cut from the game

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 22, 2018, 08:40:05 PMI mean, obviously, I'm not going to talk about my own power, but that's a pretty close-minded assumption to make regardless. Even if one's own power isn't helpful to the wolves in its own right, there's no saying that others don't, or that the wolves could potentially get derivative powers based on the specials they kill/steal powers from. Hell, if you want to push this issue even further, the reason I brought up power stealing is because that was a mechanic of a game I ran on LLF, Caldo de Siete Mares (wolf started out with no powers but got powers based around the specials' powers for every special they killed).

Tell ya what, a wolf would be much more likely to consider things from other games rather than looking at what's likely given the current game, because a wolf at the point you posted that would of had no idea what human powers even looked like. And there's no rule not to talk about our powers, only advise that claiming/outright saying what they are is easily punished by the setup.

QuoteWell, for one, it doesn't make much sense, and for another, it looks like you're just trying to pick up what little scraps you can and turn a mountain into a molehill, like I said. It doesn't appear that you're looking for wolves, rather, just looking for someone to lynch, and I think you know what that's not a good attitude to have.
Like I said, why were you concerned about that when it's pretty obvious that you're not going to get cut, and even if you are, you're also pretty obviously not going to be the only one.

But I'm not pushing for a lynch right now? Are you nervous I will?

Greg

To be honest I'm just gonna ignore the stuff between FA and BDS for now because it reads to me a lot like the stuff BDS got into last game, which I obviously interpreted incorrectly. So I'll just withhold judgment for now.

Upon a reread I found it interesting that both MSF and Trasdegi got into discussing whether humans should claim or not, when Mikey more or less explicitly told us that it was a bad idea in the setup. (Especially since Toby was actively posting and didn't really address it directly.) One thing that stuck out to me in particular was that Trasdegi was initially in favor of claims before lynches, and then he backtracked, but only after Toby threw suspicion at him.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on May 22, 2018, 08:57:22 PMTell ya what, a wolf would be much more likely to consider things from other games rather than looking at what's likely given the current game, because a wolf at the point you posted that would of had no idea what human powers even looked like. And there's no rule not to talk about our powers, only advise that claiming/outright saying what they are is easily punished by the setup.
Why do you think that? Toby was doing the exact same thing, and he was a human, obviously. Are you implying that speculation isn't normal? Is this really any different from speculating what Sombra's powers were in "frikin sombra" (or really, ANY game with any sort of mystery element, for that matter)?

QuoteBut I'm not pushing for a lynch right now? Are you nervous I will?
If you say your "Top 3 suspicions," then it's pretty clear that, at that point at least, you would definitely be ok with lynching any of those people. Not to mention, I've already stated my opinion about why I don't like why you're going about things the way you're doing (looking for low-hanging fruit), so I don't know what else you expect me to say.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Greg on May 22, 2018, 09:44:33 PMTo be honest I'm just gonna ignore the stuff between FA and BDS for now because it reads to me a lot like the stuff BDS got into last game, which I obviously interpreted incorrectly. So I'll just withhold judgment for now.

Upon a reread I found it interesting that both MSF and Trasdegi got into discussing whether humans should claim or not, when Mikey more or less explicitly told us that it was a bad idea in the setup. (Especially since Toby was actively posting and didn't really address it directly.) One thing that stuck out to me in particular was that Trasdegi was initially in favor of claims before lynches, and then he backtracked, but only after Toby threw suspicion at him.

I mean, massclaiming and claiming to defend yourself from a lynch aren't necessarily the same thing—though, I definitely made the argument that claiming to defend oneself was a bad idea in the end because it could end up leading to massclaiming if the lynch focus kept on changing.

I'm not really sure how to feel about Tras at the moment—he is kind of enthusiastic, moreso than previous games (besides Sombra... where he was the wolf), but he was around from the start and didn't have to catch up on a lot of posts, as well as likely being more driven to contribute by mikey's post requirement. Trasdegi talking about claiming before lynches before Toby called on him on there being cardflips seems out of place, but I don't understand why a wolf would feel the need to post such an obviously erroneous piece of advice—I think it was just a mistake in interpretation, whether or not Tras is a wolf. I'm going to withhold judgment on Tras right now since I don't really see a strong case for him being either a human or a wolf.

As for the message that Toby sent Greg and this whole argument going on being FA and BDS, it's 1:22 AM for me right now and I'm kind of tired. I'll get back to this in the morning—I just popped it to check briefly and decided that I might as well say something for the time being.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 22, 2018, 10:15:13 PMWhy do you think that? Toby was doing the exact same thing, and he was a human, obviously. Are you implying that speculation isn't normal? Is this really any different from speculating what Sombra's powers were in "frikin sombra" (or really, ANY game with any sort of mystery element, for that matter)?

Toby was? Regardless, I'm looking at what you're speculating, not if you're speculating.

QuoteIf you say your "Top 3 suspicions," then it's pretty clear that, at that point at least, you would definitely be ok with lynching any of those people. Not to mention, I've already stated my opinion about why I don't like why you're going about things the way you're doing (looking for low-hanging fruit), so I don't know what else you expect me to say.

1. You called me out for pushing a lynch, which is very different from being ok with lynching someone day one. You know this and you're backtracking right now.
2. Yes, because when I want to get some low-hanging fruit as a wolf, the first thing I do is go for davy.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 22, 2018, 10:22:19 PMas well as likely being more driven to contribute by mikey's post requirement.
That being said, he still only has three posts. I think posting enough to meet the requirements is going to be a motivating factor for pretty much everybody (aside from Brainy's oddly paranoid comments, which are still out of place), so I don't think Tras's behavior is strange at all.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on May 22, 2018, 10:30:16 PMToby was? Regardless, I'm looking at what you're speculating, not if you're speculating.
You're apparently not.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 22, 2018, 05:35:51 PMyou do realize that if I were a wolf I'd already know what method the wolves have to counter massclaiming (at least, I'd hope I would)?

Quote1. You called me out for pushing a lynch, which is very different from being ok with lynching someone day one. You know this and you're backtracking right now.
I called you out as looking for a lynch.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 22, 2018, 05:35:51 PMOverall, kind of just looks like you're looking for weak things to pick on and exaggerate.
Looking back at everything I said, I never called you out for "pushing a lynch." To be honest, I think you trying to put words in my mouth in an attempt to look worse proves my point that you're trying to exaggerate behavior that might seem slightly "off."

Quote2. Yes, because when I want to get some low-hanging fruit as a wolf, the first thing I do is go for davy.
Only thing that matters is content in the context of this game, not the player who made it. Davy did something you could potentially play up as suspicious to try and spook other people into bandwagoning onto him, hence my point about you trying to look for a lynch.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Trasdegi

I haven't finished reading, but thoughts on power stealing: everyone is discussing the possibility of this theory, but.... What if it's actually a thing? I would suggest to stop discussing about if the game is balanced around this or not, to not give wolves more info, just in case.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Trasdegi on May 23, 2018, 03:52:27 AMI haven't finished reading, but thoughts on power stealing: everyone is discussing the possibility of this theory, but.... What if it's actually a thing? I would suggest to stop discussing about if the game is balanced around this or not, to not give wolves more info, just in case.
if by "everyone" you mean me and maybe fa, then sure

But honestly, yeah, nobody knows anything about the wolves except the wolves, so it's pretty silly to say that any sort of suggestion might seem "ridiculous" or particularly unlikely.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber