[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - "Detention Center ~ Elegy of the Detai

Started by Zeta, June 23, 2018, 11:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onionleaf

I'm back after >1 month of battling a constant stream of "stuff to get done" irl... Just wondering if there's any other improvements needed for this sheet?

Libera

Good to see you back!  And no worries.  Looking back through the archives: this sheet sure has had a workout!  Hopefully we can get this finished pretty quickly (I think this sheet deserves it!).  Just some few minor things from me really:

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 18, 2018, 08:49:07 PMIf you want to stay consistent with the the notes that are resounded, like in the first measure with the B, then the F-sharp in measure 4, and in measure 7.
What Brassman means is that you use parentheses on the first B in the right hand and then later on when the notes overlap you don't use parentheses (such as the F# in bar 4).

Treble clef for the left hand in bars 10-13 seems unnecessary to me.  For most pianists it's easier to read bass clef for the left hand than treble and the difference in ledger lines is very small.

Other than those the notes look good.  I see that there was a big discussion on time signatures in the previous thread, so I'll go with the conclusion you reached from that I think.

Onionleaf

Haha, yes this sheet has evoked much discussion in the past...
I changed that treble clef to a bass clef, thank you. Also feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I could not see a reason to add parentheses to the F# notes, as they still need to be played "over" the held/sustained note in the left hand (as opposed to the other notes with parentheses, where both hands are striking the note at the same time, so only one hand of the two is required).

Libera

Brassman388

The parenthesis thing is alright, I guess.

But the notes getting smaller from m. 10 thru 13 is something you could do with dynamics and a couple of hairpins.

Fix that section and we'll be done here.

Brassman388

Zeta