[PS2] Chulip - "Smooch of Divine Protection - As Much As Possible" by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, June 29, 2018, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Chulip
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Smooch of Divine Protection - As Much As Possible
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

Sebastian

Formatting looks pretty good (I'll compare with the original when I get to my PC). Two things:
- Don't forget to put in a dynamic marking.
- There is a heart in between "chu" and "lip." Is there how the game is (I'm not very familiar with the soundtrack)?

NineLives

Quote from: Sebastian on June 30, 2018, 05:54:35 AM- There is a heart in between "chu" and "lip." Is there how the game is (I'm not very familiar with the soundtrack)?

The heart is part of how the title of the game is stylized, as seen here: https://hg101.kontek.net/chulip/img/logo.png

AwesomeYears

Sebastian

I would lean towards leaving out the heart. Any other Updaters wanna weigh in?

Maelstrom

I'd say it could technically be either way. I list all my NieR sheets as NieR, even though that's the stylized version of the title. Imo, it should be up to the arranger.

Brassman388

Yeah, never heard it but I like it.

Two things; This piece could definitely benefit from 4-part harmony, and there are grace notes in the beginning and ending of the piece.

That's pretty much about it, and it looks good from what I see.

NineLives

Quote from: Brassman388 on September 13, 2018, 04:04:05 PMTwo things; This piece could definitely benefit from 4-part harmony, and there are grace notes in the beginning and ending of the piece.

Well, I updated the piece a bit so it sounds a little more accurate, so once I can get someone to change the .mus file to match the new version, I'll be sure to update it here as well. The grace notes have been added, with the four piece harmony however, I could only dish out a couple spots for four notes. I could add the same notes at a lower octave for the bass clef, I'd just have to put some of the lower ones in 8vb.

Brassman388

NineLives

Quote from: Brassman388 on October 16, 2018, 11:32:05 PMAre you working from a midi or a mus?

Well, I use Musescore at the moment... so I suppose it's like working on a midi, but with the ability to form it into sheet music as a pdf. I can also export them as .xml files, if that helps.

Brassman388

Yeah, send me an xml file with the current changes and I'll work it into the necessary files.

NineLives

Brassman388

Not bad so far, but this can definitely be improved upon.

First thing I notice is that the first system is not indented. Kinda like the way the first line of text in a formal paper is. I would go with a 0.5 in indentation.

The second thing is how the text in the title may be a little too big. I wouldn't have it go past the margins, hell, I would even give them a little more space if it gets too close.

Which brings me to margins along all the sides of the page; I usually go for <0.5 in. Any larger it starts to look clunky.

"a tempo" should be just like that, and not "a tiempo."

I also prefer the 'rit.' to be on the bottom of the stave. I forget what the exact rules are for this one because we had a discussion about it in another post. I'll leave it to my other cohorts to clarify this one.

Yeah, just fix up those things and I think we'll be in business.

Great work.

NineLives

Quote from: Brassman388 on October 19, 2018, 03:48:14 PMFirst thing I notice is that the first system is not indented. Kinda like the way the first line of text in a formal paper is. I would go with a 0.5 in indentation.

The second thing is how the text in the title may be a little too big. I wouldn't have it go past the margins, hell, I would even give them a little more space if it gets too close.

Which brings me to margins along all the sides of the page; I usually go for <0.5 in. Any larger it starts to look clunky.

"a tempo" should be just like that, and not "a tiempo."

I also prefer the 'rit.' to be on the bottom of the stave. I forget what the exact rules are for this one because we had a discussion about it in another post. I'll leave it to my other cohorts to clarify this one.

All right. All the changes listed have been taken into effect.