News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

An NSM-Exclusive Piano Album - Your Sheets Are Invited! ^^

Started by daj, July 10, 2018, 08:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

This looks fun, count me in!

Quote from: daj on July 10, 2018, 08:08:19 AM> The SMB2 Overworld Theme, but a playable version xP
I'm happy to redo mine if you'd like?

PlayfulPiano

I might try finishing my soft light arrangement and get it in here, if that's alright.

It's not on NSM yet as both my slots are currently filled.

Static

I'd also be interested in this!

I have a few sheets that might be good (Yoshi Mountain from PiT, Spin-Dig Galaxy from Galaxy 2, Tostarena: Ruins from Odyssey), but I'll need to edit them a bit probably. My top pick I think is Yoshi Mountain from Partners in Time. Here's the current version if you'd like to see. Here are the other 2 sheets I mentioned too if you'd rather play those: [Spin-Dig] [Tostarena] I'll make any adjustments or edits to them if you want as well.

Maelstrom

I'd join, but I only have one mario sheet and it's not one I'm particularly proud of.

InsigTurtle

I have an idea for something I might pitch in, but it's gonna be a difficult one for me to do

daj

Oh wow, the interest here is pretty amazing, ahh ;w;

Thank you, guys! Never expected this kind of response, and so fast too. Dang, this is super awesome~

~

I'll just add on some extra information then! I don't have a limit for the number of tracks that can be featured, however I do like it to be around 10 tracks, just to keep it consistent. Also, there's a few extra standards that have to be met when sheets are recorded live, so I'll be reviewing those when I take a look through your sheets. I'll send these reviews by PM! ^^

But in case you're writing from scratch - and if you are, thank you so much - some extra guidelines:

> playability is key; cut on the layers.
I'd very strongly recommend you give your own sheets a try before sending it over, because with the final product being something live, it has to be...actually playable. I have not many qualms with arrangements that are faithful to the original and keep as many layers as possible, however those tend to be awkward to play and sometimes too impractical to consider for recording. Less is more here, and the live piano sound will do the rest of the work ^^

> please format it well ;w;
I've agreed with Lat that we'll be using the NSM guidelines for all sheets, with this being an NSM feature album. So please follow those guidelines - they're there for a reason and I cannot deny that the quality of sheets that come out of that system are superb.

> as a bonus, show off what the instrument can do! ^^
Things like trills, pedal patterns, flourishes if you're willing to figure out one yourself - these make timbres that are unique only to the piano, and any of these in a sheet makes the performer (and listener) really happy :)

WaluigiTime64

How long do we get to make a sheet? I'm busy, so my production rate will be much slower than usual.

Also does it have to sound directly like the original structurally, or can we arrange a minute-long piece into a 3 minute thing?
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

PlayfulPiano

Also, isn't this what 88bitmusic was sort of suggesting a while back in discord?

InsigTurtle

Quote from: daj on July 11, 2018, 05:56:59 PMI have not many qualms with arrangements that are faithful to the original and keep as many layers as possible, however those tend to be awkward to play and sometimes too impractical to consider for recording.

i feel personally attacked

especially since my idea is a very atmospheric track that i love

daj

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 13, 2018, 12:16:31 AMi feel personally attacked

especially since my idea is a very atmospheric track that i love

you can count 50% of what i say as personal attacks on you haha i dont expect to agree with you on most things too soon <3

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 11, 2018, 07:05:02 PMHow long do we get to make a sheet? I'm busy, so my production rate will be much slower than usual.

Also does it have to sound directly like the original structurally, or can we arrange a minute-long piece into a 3 minute thing?

i have no timeframe in mind yet, but it's be great to have these sheets as soon as possible! ^^ also, i welcome creative strutures :)

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on July 11, 2018, 08:13:02 PMAlso, isn't this what 88bitmusic was sort of suggesting a while back in discord?

took a quick search at this! really respect that guy, whew! <3

i also see that he mentioned something about paying royalties to arrangers, buuut i promise you this is not in favour of you guys haha, unless you guys are interested in splitting costs with me xP

if you'd like a full financial explanation feel free to dm me!

E. Gadd Industries

: D eyyyyyy I'll gladly help out. I have anything I've arranged so far, and I'm also working on the Sunshine OST rn, so if there's anything you want from that, let me know and I'll arrange it next!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

daj

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 13, 2018, 08:15:43 PM: D eyyyyyy I'll gladly help out. I have anything I've arranged so far, and I'm also working on the Sunshine OST rn, so if there's anything you want from that, let me know and I'll arrange it next!

(discussed via dm! ^^)

~

I've confirmed Static's "Tostarena Ruins" and THC's "Dodo's Coming"! :) From now on, there'll also be a list of confirmed sheets in the OP~

Considering the response so far, I think I won't be setting a deadline for this round! ^^ And hey, if there'd be enough interest for future runs of this (for different franchises!), I'd be so dang happy.

I do, however, intend to cap the album at around ten tracks - so when that mark is crossed, I'll start recording sessions. If your track doesn't make it by then, I could still use it for Youtube...but I hope yall understand, it's pretty tough to get a good recording, and then there's the stuff to do on the production side ahaha ;w;

Anyway, thank you all so much for the response! ^^ To follow-through with this promise, I will be commissioning the album art the moment we get 10 sheets confirmed :)

Latios212

I won't be left behind!! Realized I didn't have too many Mario sheets on hand, so here's a new one just for you! (It probably would have sat unfinished for another few years otherwise...)

Quote from: Latios212 on July 18, 2018, 07:05:35 PMNew for today! Dug up halfway finished from the depths of my in-progress folder, with the second half actually filled in!

Super Mario Galaxy 2
NEW!   Starshine Beach Galaxy[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AwesomeYears

A question, would a remix of a Mario song from a Super Smash Bros game count as a song from the Mario series? I think this is a stupid question but wanna make sure first.

daj

Quote from: AwesomeYears on July 18, 2018, 10:59:27 PMA question, would a remix of a Mario song from a Super Smash Bros game count as a song from the Mario series? I think this is a stupid question but wanna make sure first.

Mmm...I would advise against it haha, I do wanna do a Smash album eventually ^^

Legally though, I'd assume not~