News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Libera's Arrangements (Soulcalibur 3: Forsaken Sanctuary)

Started by Libera, July 10, 2018, 10:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libera

It took 8 months, but I finally got to 100 sheets.  That's an average of 2.48 days per sheet, if you're interested.  Anyway, here's #99:

Loneliness: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]

Surprisingly enough, the original is not actually a solo piano piece; there are a bunch of places where the piano is playing notes that are way too far apart to play with one performer, so I had to make some adjustments.  I'll also have to fiddle around with the playback to make those downwards rolls work properly, but that can come later.

#100 took me forever and is probably among the most difficult piano arrangements I've attempted so far.  It's certainly the longest in terms of bars!

Those Who Stand Against Our Path: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]

Enjoy, and we'll see if I can get another 100 sheets out in the next 8 months (probably not).

Dekkadeci

Listened to your "Those Who Stand Against Our Path" transcription!

Your Bar 4 sounded off to me melody-wise; the original there sounds like it has the same melody as Bar 2 to me.
The D's in the right hand of Bars 50 and 145 should be an octave lower (at least that's the impression I get from the original).
I'm not hearing C's in the melody of Bars 56, 64, 151, and 159 in the original; I'm hearing eighth rests instead. (If the C's are in the original, they're so much quieter than the rest of the melody notes that I'd skip them.)
In Bars 85-92, I'm hearing the second highest notes of your chords, not the highest notes, as the melody notes in the original.
I think Bars 93-100 sound better with one of the hands incorporating the roughly-eighth-note drum kit beats of the original. I like that louder lower melody you have at that point, though.
The 16th-note runs in those bars sound fine for the most part, except for Bar 90, where they sound a bit off to me. With YouTube at 50% speed, I think the last 4 16th notes are actually 2 16th notes followed by a 16th-note triplet.
For some reason, the playback at Bars 91-92 (in my Finale Notepad) repeats at least one upper note instead of respecting the tie like it should.

Song's awesome, though--I'm glad you transcribed it, too!

Libera

Hey, thanks for listening!

Quote from: Dekkadeci on March 14, 2019, 07:16:33 PMYour Bar 4 sounded off to me melody-wise; the original there sounds like it has the same melody as Bar 2 to me.

From what I can tell, there are two parts.  One does the same thing as bar 2 but the other one play a very distorted Eb a quaver earlier.  Bar 4 is different to bar 2 in the original, and while you could suppress that in the arrangement, I feel like it's better to try and realise it in some way (as I have done.)

Quote from: Dekkadeci on March 14, 2019, 07:16:33 PMThe D's in the right hand of Bars 50 and 145 should be an octave lower (at least that's the impression I get from the original).

Regardless of the different parts going on at that moment, it doesn't make any sense, to me at least, to break up that very simple melodic line into something that sounds very disconnected.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on March 14, 2019, 07:16:33 PMI'm not hearing C's in the melody of Bars 56, 64, 151, and 159 in the original; I'm hearing eighth rests instead. (If the C's are in the original, they're so much quieter than the rest of the melody notes that I'd skip them.)

Yeah, it's a decent point.  I think I originally added them for feel reasons, but I don't think they're necessary.  Fixed.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on March 14, 2019, 07:16:33 PMIn Bars 85-92, I'm hearing the second highest notes of your chords, not the highest notes, as the melody notes in the original.

I think that describing anything as the melody here is pretty questionable, but I might play around with the voicings in this section later.  Part of the reason why I used this voicing is for balance reasons: in bars 93-100 it means you have the bass tripled, the third on its own and the tritone doubled which sounds pretty good.  Alternatively I could put the highest voice down an octave in bars 85-92 but that would mean that it would invert going into bars 93-100.  I don't know how much of that made sense, but maybe that explains some of my thought process?  But, as I said, I might have more of a think about it.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on March 14, 2019, 07:16:33 PMI think Bars 93-100 sound better with one of the hands incorporating the roughly-eighth-note drum kit beats of the original. I like that louder lower melody you have at that point, though.

This is something I thought about doing but decided against.  The way I see it, either moving drum rhythms into one of those parts I've written or introducing a generic bassline is never going to get the right feel of the extra rhythms that come in for those bars so the best option is to leave this section as a contrast to the rest of the very rhythm heavy arrangement.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on March 14, 2019, 07:16:33 PMThe 16th-note runs in those bars sound fine for the most part, except for Bar 90, where they sound a bit off to me. With YouTube at 50% speed, I think the last 4 16th notes are actually 2 16th notes followed by a 16th-note triplet.

Generally speaking a lot of the places where I've got the electric guitar riffs I've simplified them.  All four of the riffs in that section start at different times and have subtly different rhythms but I decided to value consistency and simplicity in the piano part.  Also, triplet semiquavers are very fast and while I have written them in elsewhere in the sheet, those are contained within a section that is specifically labelled as such that the performer can do things as they want to.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on March 14, 2019, 07:16:33 PMFor some reason, the playback at Bars 91-92 (in my Finale Notepad) repeats at least one upper note instead of respecting the tie like it should.

Yeah I mucked up the playback there at some point while making the sheet and couldn't be bothered to fix, but since I was editing the sheet anyway I've fixed that now.

LeviR.star

Hey, congrats on 100 sheets in such a short amount of time; that's awesome. You've been working hard at not only helping check sheets, but producing high-quality ones along the way.

Congrats ;)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 15, 2019, 05:08:24 PMHey, congrats on 100 sheets in such a short amount of time; that's awesome. You've been working hard at not only helping check sheets, but producing high-quality ones along the way.

Congrats ;)

Thanks!  I try my best. :P

Going to see if I can get round to replacing some of the ... questionable Final Fantasy stuff on-site, but to start here's something new:

Julia: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]

Libera

I've been meaning to do this one for a while and luckily I think it turned out pretty well.

Hymn (Variations): [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]

I'm not going to include all 11 youtube links here, but for reference (and because I like there being a picture to go with the post) here is the first one:

Libera

Libera

So yeah I was working on some FF stuff, but I basically spent most of today watching my brother play Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.  This music, and the part which it plays in, I thought was really cool so I just kind of threw this together.  It's probably my strangest piano arrangement so far haha.

I'll put the links in spoilers since the game only came out on Friday:

Spoiler
Great Serpent: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]

[close]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Another FFX replacement!  I actually finished this up a little while ago but held off on posting it because I thought I might have something to go with it; unfortunately though I've been sort of busy lately and haven't managed to get another FFX sheet ready, so here it is on its own...

Calm Before the Storm: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]

JulianSwegL0rd

Hello Libera! Could I record my own version of some of your sheets? I will post them on my Performance Videos post or I could tell you in here if I did a piano cover from your arrangements. Let me know whenever you can. Thank you :)
I do piano and videogames streams here
-> https://www.twitch.tv/sirteclas <-

Libera

Quote from: JulianSwegL0rd on April 04, 2019, 03:52:16 AMHello Libera! Could I record my own version of some of your sheets? I will post them on my Performance Videos post or I could tell you in here if I did a piano cover from your arrangements. Let me know whenever you can. Thank you :)

Absolutely; feel free to!  If you post them in your normal thread I'll definitely see them, so don't worry about me missing them.

In other news, a new FF arrangement!

FINAL FANTASY XIII - The Promise: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]

JulianSwegL0rd

Quote from: Libera on April 05, 2019, 04:37:05 AMAbsolutely; feel free to!  If you post them in your normal thread I'll definitely see them, so don't worry about me missing them.

In other news, a new FF arrangement!

New! FINAL FANTASY XIII - The Promise: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]

Alrighty, thank you so much! I'll post them there ^^
I do piano and videogames streams here
-> https://www.twitch.tv/sirteclas <-

Libera

I have returned from my temporary absence, no need for alarm.  With my return I bring you six brand new Ninja Gaiden sheets.

In A Pinch - The Ordeal of Battle: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]
Mysterious Woman: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]
Reminiscence: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]
The Demon's Incantation: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]
The Dragon Ninja: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]
The Sanctuary of Shadows: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]

Libera

Been a little while since I posted something, and that's because this one just took so long haha.  And also because I really should be revising for exams instead of doing this...

Divine Dragon: [Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]