[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness -

Started by Zeta, June 09, 2018, 10:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libera

Quote from: FiveNineSquared on September 19, 2018, 10:21:57 AM- Uh for this I was going for the effect of playing a normal staccato as if the pedal wasn't on, while it's on. So just hitting the keys and letting go while sustaining (I'm not proficient in piano so playing methods aren't really my thing).

What I mean is that this doesn't really have any effect on how it sounds so I don't see the point of it.  If you press a key with sustain on it doesn't matter how long you hold the key down for, it lasts for however long you hold the pedal down for (or until it fades naturally).

Quote from: FiveNineSquared on September 19, 2018, 10:21:57 AM- I'm pretty sure the D.C. repeats from the start and not the repeat barline, so I don't think there needs to be another mf there.

Ah sorry my mistake.  As you were.

Quote from: FiveNineSquared on September 19, 2018, 10:21:57 AM- I don't think I can do much for the beam formatting with Notepad so this is up to anyone who wants to change it :p

I did a tweak.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on September 20, 2018, 02:19:16 PMWhat I mean is that this doesn't really have any effect on how it sounds so I don't see the point of it.  If you press a key with sustain on it doesn't matter how long you hold the key down for, it lasts for however long you hold the pedal down for (or until it fades naturally).
I think it's fine. Even if there's little (or no) discernible difference in sound it still makes sense as a direction to play it in a light/detached manner. That's how I see it, anyway.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

Uploaded files with some quick cautionary accidentals added and Libera's beam twerks

Zeta