Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Pac-Man
Console: ARCADE
Title: Level Intro
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: FugalOmen

Libera

Firstly, please post a youtube link with submissions.

Secondly: this is a nice simple sheet so it was easy for me to check.  I've got a couple of things to say:
-The piece is currently in the wrong key (unless the version I found is wrong or something else strange).  The piece is in C major so you should transpose everything up a semitone.  (If the version I'm using is actually wrong and the original is in B major you should change the key signature to B major.)
-The bass should be raised by an octave.
-Speaking of the bass, the dotted-quaver should be replaced with quavers + semiquaver rest in my opinion.  Similarly, I think the dotted-semiquavers in the right hand should be replaced with semiquaver + demisemiquaver rest.

FugalOmen

Hi Libera, thanks for giving me feedback.

Quote from: LiberaFirstly, please post a youtube link with submissions

Oops, forgot to do that. My bad. Thank you for doing it for me.

Quote from: LiberaSecondly: this is a nice simple sheet so it was easy for me to check.  I've got a couple of things to say:
-The piece is currently in the wrong key (unless the version I found is wrong or something else strange).  The piece is in C major so you should transpose everything up a semitone.  (If the version I'm using is actually wrong and the original is in B major you should change the key signature to B major.)
-The bass should be raised by an octave.
-Speaking of the bass, the dotted-quaver should be replaced with quavers + semiquaver rest in my opinion.  Similarly, I think the dotted-semiquavers in the right hand should be replaced with semiquaver + demisemiquaver rest.

I will be sure to make the changes soon. I was using a Synthesia video as a guide which makes it a little harder to determine the exact length of the notes, and it was probably also in the wrong key.

Again, thank you for the feedback.

FugalOmen

Should be updated now with the recommendations by Libera. I also replaced the quavers in the LH final bar with semiquavers + semiquaver rests, as well as the semiquavers in the RH final bar with demisemiquavers + demisemiquaver rests. Unfortunately, the final bar hangs on a new line now, and since I'm using Notepad, I can't fix that myself.

FugalOmen

Quick update to add some courtesy accidentals to the RH in the third bar.

LeviR.star

Ah! I was planning on doing a double-sheet of this with "Intermission" included, but oh well...

Some things I found that could be edited:

- the song doesn't play at the "intro" of every level -- it's the intro to the game, and only plays once. Generally, fanfares like these for this generation of games are labeled as "Game Start" (this applies to other famous games like Galaga, Donkey Kong, etc.)
- the 32nds aren't really needed, so I would just double all note durations and change the time to 4/4
- this song has some articulation that could be added
- I simplified some rhythms
- the margins of the formatting were a little strange, so I adjusted some frame attributes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/och1dbdh946ilv5/Pac-Man%20-%20Game%20Start.mus?dl=1

But THIS:

Quote from: FugalOmen on September 03, 2018, 01:31:52 AMI was using a Synthesia video as a guide which makes it a little harder to determine the exact length of the notes, and it was probably also in the wrong key.

This is a big no-no. You're admitting to us this isn't you're arrangement, and that every change we've made so far to the sheet has been ours, not yours. FugalOmen, copying note lengths off of a YouTube video and labeling it as your sheet only to have us perfect everything for you is not fair. It's a form of plagiarism. For anyone new out there reading: don't do this. You're copying off the quiz of someone else who maybe isn't getting the answers right, either.

Please keep this in mind.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

FugalOmen

Oh dear, I've screwed up horribly. I'm an idiot!

I knew that taking sheet music was plagiarism, but I didn't think using a Synthesia video as a guide would count. LeviR.star, if you were going to do your own arrangement of this theme anyway, feel free to remove this thread and post your own. I'm truly sorry and ashamed for what I've done. I guess I will leave the site.

Brassman388

Relax. It's not that bad.

Also, link the video right quick. I wanna see how much he's taken from the actual source.

Libera

I'm going to delete this for inactivity and also because it sounds like this was at least somewhat plagiarised.  Feel free to submit your own version or a different piece that you've arranged yourself.