Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Truth
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Let's get started with the Shadows of Valentia section shall we.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on October 01, 2018, 04:20:53 PMLet's get started with the Shadows of Valentia section shall we.
yes it shall double in size :P

- Is there a reason the LH uses rests instead of half notes in m. 5-20?
- LH for m. 13-14 and 17-18 should have Db instead of C on beat 1.5 LH.
- The sections in m. 13-16 vs 17-20 sound like they should transition from low notes to high notes in the RH, instead of the effect you have right now. Perhaps we could lower the octaves in 13-16?
- I'd suggest writing the lower RH voice separately from 17-19; the split in m. 18 looks a bit odd at the moment and the string layer is very distinct from the piano layer in the original.
- Raise m. 21 back up an octave like the original?
- The lower C in m. 23 beat 1 isn't there.
- The voices get pretty difficult to follow at m. 27. The C in m. 27 should be beamed up to denote it's part of the top piano voice. Some beams are broken for the eighth note voice and some stems/ties are flipped for others... see if you can try and clean this part up a bit? (Notes are fine, though.)
- The performance note in m. 32-33 needs to be moved over a bit :P
- Top piano voice in m. 34 beat 2 should be Ab instead of C.
- Beat 3 RH of m. 39 should be G.
- The tremolos at the end are a bit too far to the right above the notes.
- m. 41 dyad should have the Eb above on top like m. 45.
- m. 42 and 46 should have an additional G on top of the dyads.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Made lots of changes.  Fixed lots of notes, some you spotted, one you didn't (bar 44 second quaver Db rather than Cn) and also I brought the formatting up to my current standard.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2018, 12:18:28 PM- I'd suggest writing the lower RH voice separately from 17-19; the split in m. 18 looks a bit odd at the moment and the string layer is very distinct from the piano layer in the original.

Does the piano sheet need to reflect that though?  I dunno I'm not really seeing the need.  I know I split it into two voices in bar 33+ but that was to help the performer follow the direction.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2018, 12:18:28 PM- The voices get pretty difficult to follow at m. 27. The C in m. 27 should be beamed up to denote it's part of the top piano voice. Some beams are broken for the eighth note voice and some stems/ties are flipped for others... see if you can try and clean this part up a bit? (Notes are fine, though.)

I think I did this to make it look cleaner ... but I've had a fiddle around with it, maybe it looks better now.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2018, 12:18:28 PM- Top piano voice in m. 34 beat 2 should be Ab instead of C.

I hear a C.

This sheet was so bad it hurt.  I'm going to go over any old arrangements before I submit them in future.  Thanks for helping to fix it up, but you really shouldn't have had to do that much.  My apologies.

Latios212

It's okay don't worry :P let's see now...

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2018, 12:18:28 PM- LH for m. 13-14 and 17-18 should have Db instead of C on beat 1.5 LH.
This is still missing

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2018, 12:18:28 PMThe C in m. 27 should be beamed up to denote it's part of the top piano voice.
Oops, I think I might have meant m. 28. Other than that I think it looks better now than it did before. Last thing I'd suggest is hide the rest and flip the quarter note back down in m. 31 beat 3 LH.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2018, 12:18:28 PM- Top piano voice in m. 34 beat 2 should be Ab instead of C.
Quote from: Libera on October 20, 2018, 01:09:31 PMI hear a C.
Oops I meant beat 3.

Quote from: Libera on October 20, 2018, 01:09:31 PMDoes the piano sheet need to reflect that though?  I dunno I'm not really seeing the need.  I know I split it into two voices in bar 33+ but that was to help the performer follow the direction.
I think it would be best to separate them because they're two independent voices in the original, as opposed to just one supplementing the other. Thus when playing the performer can enunciate both instead of focusing on the top line.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Things have been fixed again.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 21, 2018, 02:16:32 PMOops, I think I might have meant m. 28. Other than that I think it looks better now than it did before. Last thing I'd suggest is hide the rest and flip the quarter note back down in m. 31 beat 3 LH.
I've kind of gone off hiding rests to be honest.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 21, 2018, 02:16:32 PMI think it would be best to separate them because they're two independent voices in the original, as opposed to just one supplementing the other. Thus when playing the performer can enunciate both instead of focusing on the top line.
Eh ok.

Thanks again.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot