News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[SNES] F-Zero - "Ending Theme" (Replacement) by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, September 20, 2018, 09:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: F-Zero
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Ending Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Libera

Well this sheet is badly in need of a replacement so thanks for this.

Just a few things on a first look:
-I think it'd be better to make more use of the page, it kinda looks a little cramped horizontally and is empty at the bottom (there are a lot of notes in some of those bars!). 
-Bar 11 doesn't look very playable as written.  I'd change the semibreve to a dotted minim and it'd make it much easier and I'm not sure you'd really lose anything from doing that.

Latios212

Nice, yes another good replacement :P

- Measure 6 beat 2.25, is different from the others; that chord has a C in it instead of a G.
- m. 8 should have D's in the first chords. The other chords could be filled in a bit more too if you want.
- The A in m. 12 should move up to a B on beat 3.
- First chord in m. 13 should have a D (moves up to the E you wrote in the next chord)
- Ab-->G# in the last measure (E chord)
- Last bass note in m. 8 should be E instead of F
- If you flipped the beam for beat 1 of the last measure to avoid long stems below the top staff, make sure to move the staccato appropriately below the dyad.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on September 23, 2018, 12:19:52 PM- Measure 6 beat 2.25, is different from the others; that chord has a C in it instead of a G.
- m. 8 should have D's in the first chords. The other chords could be filled in a bit more too if you want.
- The A in m. 12 should move up to a B on beat 3.
- First chord in m. 13 should have a D (moves up to the E you wrote in the next chord)
- Ab-->G# in the last measure (E chord)
- Last bass note in m. 8 should be E instead of F
- If you flipped the beam for beat 1 of the last measure to avoid long stems below the top staff, make sure to move the staccato appropriately below the dyad.
Done

Quote from: Libera on September 21, 2018, 03:17:28 AM-I think it'd be better to make more use of the page, it kinda looks a little cramped horizontally and is empty at the bottom (there are a lot of notes in some of those bars!). 
Perhaps, but when you up the system count to 5, you need to have a system with an extra measure & it just looks all wonky. I personally think it's fine the way it is right now.

Brassman388

When it comes to margin space, the top margin usually gets 2 in, and the bottom between 1.0 in - 0.5 in.

That should fix any wonkiness you got.

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on September 23, 2018, 12:19:52 PM- Measure 6 beat 2.25, is different from the others; that chord has a C in it instead of a G.
You substituted the wrong note here.

I personally think 2 inches for the top is a bit much, but I do agree the bottom margin could be widened here. (To me, distribution looks alright.)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

May I ask why the last measure has a D.C. instead of a repeat sign?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on September 30, 2018, 07:16:04 AMYou substituted the wrong note here.

I personally think 2 inches for the top is a bit much, but I do agree the bottom margin could be widened here. (To me, distribution looks alright.)
Fixed.

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 30, 2018, 07:47:10 AMMay I ask why the last measure has a D.C. instead of a repeat sign?
Why not?

mastersuperfan

Sheet looks solid to me! A few very minor comments:

• I'd suggest adding staccatos to the eighth notes in beats 3-4 of m4 LH, as well as the eighth note on beat 2.5 in m16 in both LH and RH.
  • Optimally, in m15, the pianist would keep all the notes held as they played them, but... I don't know of a good way to notate it on piano.
  • Meh, I do think it is pretty cramped. Personally I'd use a 4-3-3-3-3 distribution, but if you prefer it the way it is then go ahead.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Libera

Ok I've gone through the notes finally.  Sorry for the wait.

-The bottom A in the first minim of bar 12 extends through the whole bar.
-The B in the chord on beat 2 of bar 13 is an A (moves up to the B on the next chord).

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 30, 2018, 11:42:14 AM
  • Optimally, in m15, the pianist would keep all the notes held as they played them, but... I don't know of a good way to notate it on piano.
This as well.  Ravel ties are one option.

That's all I have for this.  Good work!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 30, 2018, 11:42:14 AMI'd suggest adding staccatos to the eighth notes in beats 3-4 of m4 LH, as well as the eighth note on beat 2.5 in m16 in both LH and RH.
Quote from: Libera on September 30, 2018, 12:33:32 PMThe bottom A in the first minim of bar 12 extends through the whole bar.
The B in the chord on beat 2 of bar 13 is an A (moves up to the B on the next chord).
Fixed.

Quote from: Libera on September 30, 2018, 12:33:32 PM
Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 30, 2018, 11:42:14 AMOptimally, in m15, the pianist would keep all the notes held as they played them, but... I don't know of a good way to notate it on piano.
This as well.  Ravel ties are one option.
Seems like the best option for that. Fixed.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 30, 2018, 11:42:14 AMMeh, I do think it is pretty cramped. Personally I'd use a 4-3-3-3-3 distribution, but if you prefer it the way it is then go ahead.
I apologize if it seems like I'm being stubborn about this issue, but I really don't like how it distributes across 5 systems. I'd prefer to keep it the way it is.

Latios212

If you're going to use the Ravel ties, make them all bend downwards so as to avoid the new note being struck.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

I was referring to adding staccatos here in m16:

Spoiler

[close]

But it's a very minor suggestion. Otherwise, the sheet looks good to me.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on September 30, 2018, 01:18:32 PMIf you're going to use the Ravel ties, make them all bend downwards so as to avoid the new note being struck.
Fixed.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 30, 2018, 01:19:36 PMI was referring to adding staccatos here in m16:
Spoiler

[close]
Bold of you to assume I can follow instructions correctly. Fixed.