Series: Golden Sun
Game: Golden Sun
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Imil's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Onionleaf

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Onionleaf

To my surprise I made quite a number of changes, but I still think that Sam Waetford should be left as the original arranger.

Libera

Thanks for doing replacements, they're always well appreciated!

Notes look good, I've just got a few visual things.
-Cross staff beaming is fine but the way that finale makes the beam angles by default is not very visually appealing.  I'd change them to look like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
to keep them in line with how rising couplets normally look.
-Bars 26 and 28 look a little confusing at the moment.  I'd move the final left hand crotchet in each to the lower staff so that's it's stuck inside those couplets.  I expect you did this to keep the hand in one place, but I don't think it's too difficult to read it that way and at the moment it's a little cluttered in my opinion.  You might also consider losing the LH direction here as I personally feel like it's fairly obvious what the performer should be doing here.  If you do still want to keep the left hand not across two staffs, you could move the quavers onto the lower staff.  It'd be more ledger lines, but it'd be visually clearer in my opinion.

Otherwise, it looks great!  Nice work.

Onionleaf

Thanks for the suggestions, the sheet definitely looks tidier now. Let me know if there are any other changes to make. :)

Libera

Brilliant!  Just some really small stuff now.
-The gap between the title and the game is a little big.  Same with the gap between composer and arranger info.
-The line in bar 18 is touching the preceding quaver beam.
-Now that you've got all of the left hand in the bottom staff in bars 26-32 you can have the stems for the right hand oriented as you would normally.
-Change the url to https.

Other than that, I think we're in business.

Onionleaf

Libera

Latios212

Nice job! Just a few small aesthetic pointers for clarity.
- Flip the ties upwards in m. 7 and 10 to keep them away from the lower layer.
- Flip the ties downwards in m. 26 and 30 to keep them away from the upper notes.
- Nudge the 8va at the end down and to the right a bit to keep it closer to the part it's over.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot