[GB] Mega Man IV - "Dr. Wily Stage" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, October 22, 2018, 09:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

Any particular reason you have it less than 0.5 inches??

Conversion problems from centimeters, perhaps?

LeviR.star

I don't exactly know what you're talking about; it looks better to me (I did notice the thin margin from Libera's edit). This is what I see (do you see something different?):

You cannot view this attachment.

If this is some kind of problem with my template, have you said something about this in one of my earlier sheets?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Brassman388

I dont' remember it being a problem before, and I'm pretty stiff about margin spacing for everyone.

Also, I'm referring to the file data for spacing itself. Which is why I said less than 5 inches. A screen cap does no justice if you're trying to make a point about it being insignificant. I caught it visually and verified it with the margin spacing from the file.

The spacing is fine, nominal even. But be sure to make all (or most) of the sides of the page around the same size. Because...!

It's not consistent on all sides. It would be different if it was the one side, but these settings make the sheet look lopsided.

Bespinben

Sub-1/2" margins are typically only found in the side margins of choral octavos, which have a very narrow aspect ratio. Otherwise, you should set all margins at least 1/2" (c.f. Gould 481). Additionally, side margins should be equal, unless you're preparing a gutter margin for book-binding or compensating for booklet creep (a task which which one would do in a desktop publishing software like Indesign, not Finale).

Beyond the minimum, I would argue that 3/4" side margins with 1/2" top/bottom is ideal for US Letter paper, as this allows for:
(1) Typical 3-hole punches to sit centered between the page edge and the left edge of the music staff;
(2) A "frame" that offsets the width of US Letter's wide aspect ratio, focusing the image and reducing eye fatigue;
(3) Scales and translates better when printed on international paper sizes with taller aspect ratios (such as A4).

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Libera

Yeah it was probably something that went wrong with my pdf printer being set to A4.  I didn't think about that, sorry.

Brassman388

Probably the only time that I wouldn't mind if we changed to european measurements and standards, but nonetheless.

Like I said, I'm not finicky about it being not too much under 5 inches because I understand the whole centimeters to inches thing, but there has to be some consistency.

LeviR.star

I need to know three things:

Quote from: Brassman388 on November 09, 2018, 07:53:30 PM

1. How to access this menu
2. What new values to enter in
3. If I need to do anything else about the margins
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

1. Page layout tool, right click somewhere on the page and then click 'edit margins'.
2. I guess I'd just change it to be symmetric on the right and left while keeping the margins above 0.5 as Brassman said.
3. That's all that margin maestro Brassman had to say, so probably that's it.  (I'm sure he'll say if it's otherwise.)

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on November 11, 2018, 02:18:36 PM2. I guess I'd just change it to be symmetric on the right and left while keeping the margins above 0.5 as Brassman said.
Right and top changed to 0.5. Left is fine with most space.

Editing in and accepting!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot