[DELETED] [N64] Conker's Bad Fur Day - "Rock Solid (Two Pianos)" by Sebastian

Started by Zeta, May 26, 2018, 06:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Sorry about the late response. I'll get to this momentarily.

Sebastian

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 31, 2018, 04:16:10 PMThe intro has opportunities where you can put accents on the ends of that 16th note figure. Yes, they're electronic effects, but I think sudden sfz could do the trick. Break up some of the monotony, yo.
I'll consider this.

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 31, 2018, 04:16:10 PMAlso, there are sections that could benefit from adding repeats, and since the only texture that's changing most of the time in the recording is percussion, I don't see why you wouldn't want to add repeats, then have a text note about how the texture changes during the last time. Could be simpler, in my opinion.
Don't know why this has been brought up again, but as I noted above I have decided to keep it as is concerning this.

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 31, 2018, 04:16:10 PMLastly, the chords that play beneath the 16th note runs isn't obvious that the left hand plays those notes. Maybe a performance direction is needed, or throw them on the top layer of the bottom staff. Both could work.

M. 106 - 169; I find this happening throughout the whole piece, but very much so in this section. It would be a good idea to condense this into a 2/4 section. Why? Because those syncopations get lost in the measure. Barlines could help fix that. Yes, measure number increase, but it's a reasonable compromise if I didn't have to sit and calculate where the beat lands every 8th of a measure.
I'll check these suggestions out as well.

Brassman388

Quote from: Sebastian on September 10, 2018, 05:37:47 AMDon't know why this has been brought up again, but as I noted above I have decided to keep it as is concerning this.

Because from what I read, both in sheet and in comments, it's a legit thing to be considered. Though, I understand that it poses no real threat to your arrangement or arranging style, with your arrangement it still poses a great deal of redundancy. Which is why I think it keeps coming up time and time again.

There's a whole spiel that I could go on about composition and how it's interlaced with arranging but I'm sure you're not interested in that. You're interested in completing the arrangement and getting it on the site. Which is reasonable.

I agree, but will the others think so?

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on May 31, 2018, 05:34:46 PMNormally I, personally, ask people to reconsider duets when it's not clear they have really given enough thought and consideration into condensing it into a solo. That's not the case here, and it's clear Sebastian has weighed his options, so I respect that decision.

Also, @Static:
Quote from: Static on July 15, 2018, 08:42:26 PM- Every bar that looks like m20 Piano I (where the end of the bar in the bassline goes up to a D) should look like m20.
- The simile marking in m19 (Piano II) is usually meant for articulations. If you want to cut down on the writing and length of the sheet, you might want to consider using one- or two-bar repeats (under Staff Styles) in some sections.
- For Piano II in m86-89, you should have it crescendo as Piano I diminuendos.
- In places like m90, the 2nd layer chords would probably be better suited as the RH of Piano II; the rest of the piano parts already provide enough rhythmic interest to the point where the foot stomping there is unneeded. To keep those notes there, I would make the LH part of Piano I just constant 8th notes instead of offbeats.
No worries. Didn't forget about this.

Brassman388

Sebastian

Unfortunately, I don't have time for this sheet. I'll be submitting others later.