News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Octopath Traveler - "Character Motifs" by Latios212

Started by Zeta, October 25, 2018, 06:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Octopath Traveler
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Character Motifs
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

This is a collection of the eight motifs for the eight travelers Ophilia, Cyrus, Tressa, Olberic, Primrose, Alfyn, Therion, and H'aanit - the last eight tracks in the OST. Here's my direct transcription for reference (I directly uploaded the OST files for audio here).

Or, if you prefer, each individually as its own video in a playlist [here].
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Niiiice.

Just small things:
Ophilia, Tressa and Primrose:  Could we lose the dotted rest in the pickup?  We never use dotted rests anywhere else (and we're definitely not in compound time for any of these) so I don't see why we should in the pickups.
Olberic and Tressa:  There are some places where dots and layers are interacting that look a little odd: Tressa bar 1 beat 3 and Olberic Bar 2 beat 1.
Alfyn: The melody has two overlapping layers devoted to it in bar 2.  I.e. the final A in the right hand is the melody but it's been put with the piano.  It makes the melody a little hard to follow in that bar the way it's currently laid out.

General comment: You wrote in to use pedal in Ophilia but not on any of the others.  That makes it seem like you don't want pedal in those pieces but, knowing you, I'm sure that you do! :P  You could just leave it out in Ophilia as well (it's pretty obvious from the way that it's written that you do want pedal.)
Also, do we want to put 'Piano' on every single piece?  Maybe it's just me, but I think it looks a little strange.

That's all I've got, nice job.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on November 03, 2018, 02:36:56 PMOphilia, Tressa and Primrose:  Could we lose the dotted rest in the pickup?  We never use dotted rests anywhere else (and we're definitely not in compound time for any of these) so I don't see why we should in the pickups.

General comment: You wrote in to use pedal in Ophilia but not on any of the others.  That makes it seem like you don't want pedal in those pieces but, knowing you, I'm sure that you do! :P  You could just leave it out in Ophilia as well (it's pretty obvious from the way that it's written that you do want pedal.)

Also, do we want to put 'Piano' on every single piece?  Maybe it's just me, but I think it looks a little strange.
Sure thing, can do!

Quote from: Libera on November 03, 2018, 02:36:56 PMAlfyn: The melody has two overlapping layers devoted to it in bar 2.  I.e. the final A in the right hand is the melody but it's been put with the piano.  It makes the melody a little hard to follow in that bar the way it's currently laid out.
oops

Quote from: Libera on November 03, 2018, 02:36:56 PMOlberic and Tressa:  There are some places where dots and layers are interacting that look a little odd: Tressa bar 1 beat 3 and Olberic Bar 2 beat 1.
Yeah it looks a little funny but it doesn't really impede reading and I don't think there's much to be done, unless you had any specific ideas? Doing something like moving the melody note to the right of the chords would look worse.

Thanks for looking it over! Files updated.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on November 03, 2018, 03:44:09 PMYeah it looks a little funny but it doesn't really impede reading and I don't think there's much to be done, unless you had any specific ideas? Doing something like moving the melody note to the right of the chords would look worse.
I was hoping you might have some ideas... You're right.  It's not particularly pleasant but if neither of us can see a way around it, there's not much to be done.

Woooo.

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot