Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem Fates
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: A Lady's Mirror
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Time for some Fates I think.  This is the easy one.

Khunjund

I believe the word you're looking for is "flirtaciously".

The right hand notes on the first beat in measures 9–11 should have a third beneath them. The left hand articulation pattern in measures 17–23 seemed to me more like two slurred notes follow by two staccato notes, as opposed to four staccatos. Anyway, since you've notated articulation so meticulously in the left hand, I was wondering why you hadn't done so in the right hand (e.g. measures 5–6, 13–14, etc.). I'm aware that these are melody notes and you perhaps wanted them to stand out from the accompaniment, but I think some nonnegligible musical intent is being lost because of it (measures 13–14 in particular). Also, the second fermata on the D in measure 24 isn't necessary.

In general, I don't think having two layers is necessary (with the exception of measure 24), and I feel like a more even splitting of notes between left and right hands would make the sheet more intuitive to read and perform. Personally, this is what I would have done (use it however you want):
  • Collapse the layers in measure 7.
  • Move the Eb and En to the left hand in measure 8; combine the F into the Bb eighth note.
  • Move the entire second layer to the left hand in measures 9–10. Combine the F into the 2nd downbeat eighth note (though I can see the argument for keeping two layers here).
  • In measure 12, combine the Bn and G into a quarter note for the left hand, and combine the D with the right-hand A eighth note.
  • Move the measure 13 Eb to the left hand; move the measure 14 right-hand Db to the left hand.
  • Combine the C in measure 15 with the G into a quarter note
  • Move the measure 16 Bn to the right hand.
  • Move all the Ebs in measures 17–22 as well as the D in measure 23 to the left hand; either collapse the Fs into the right hand, or put them into the left hand as well, but with brackets showing that they are intended to be played with the right.
Finally, you should put a courtesy Bb in measure 17, as well as courtesy Fns in measures 21 and 23.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Libera

I've changed a bunch of things.  You said a lot of small things so I'm not going to go through everything one by one, but if I haven't done something, it's not because I missed it.

Thanks for looking at it.

Latios212

Ah yes, I remember this song... what a strange one.

- The expression text should be spelled "Flirtatiously".
- The first chord in m. 6 should have an F in it (I think instead of the A flat).
- The rests in m. 9-10 are a notch too low.
- I think m. 11 is still missing C in the right hand below the melody.
- I'd suggest moving the Leo Ped markings down a bit.

That's all; great work!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

You have quite a keen ear, Libera. : )
Very good work. Also, love this song. It's always great to hear a harpsichord in VGM. :P

*Doink*

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Sebastian.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot