Console: PC
Title: You Can Always Come Home
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Looks good, so I haven't got much to say here.

-Where you've put brackets around doubled notes, you've put the brackets in the right hand.  Since those notes are actually the ones that are part of the melody rather than the accompaniment I feel like for phrasing purposes it'd make more sense for the left hand notes to be bracketed.  And maybe consider just leaving the E underneath the A in bars 29 and 34 out entirely.
-Maybe start the forte on the upbeat to bar 34 rather than bar 34 itself?

Latios212

Thanks for looking!

Quote from: Libera on November 26, 2018, 04:31:26 PM-Maybe start the forte on the upbeat to bar 34 rather than bar 34 itself?
That sounds good. I'll also respace m. 33 a bit; I forgot to do that before.

Quote from: Libera on November 26, 2018, 04:31:26 PM-Where you've put brackets around doubled notes, you've put the brackets in the right hand.  Since those notes are actually the ones that are part of the melody rather than the accompaniment I feel like for phrasing purposes it'd make more sense for the left hand notes to be bracketed.  And maybe consider just leaving the E underneath the A in bars 29 and 34 out entirely.
Good point. Here's something else to consider though - when I listened to the original I didn't even pick up on those notes until I listened closely to transcribe the song because they coincide with the accompaniment. To me it doesn't quiiiite feel like they belong as melody notes, and I think one could probably make the case that they're part of a separate line that include the E's from the other comment that I'm removing, as well as the first C# in the LH in 25 and such. Maybe it's just me though; I don't know if that made any sense, but that's why I had it as is. Also, my instinct when playing it (I did play test this one a few times) wanted to play the overlapped note with the left hand to complete the accompaniment pattern.

Thoughts? I think I could go either way. (Ugh trying to put the parentheses in the left hand right now is doing that thing where it isn't in the right vertical position. I'll come back to this later.) Another option might be to eliminate the parentheses and the right hand note entirely to simplify things a bit.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on November 26, 2018, 06:41:52 PMGood point. Here's something else to consider though - when I listened to the original I didn't even pick up on those notes until I listened closely to transcribe the song because they coincide with the accompaniment. To me it doesn't quiiiite feel like they belong as melody notes, and I think one could probably make the case that they're part of a separate line that include the E's from the other comment that I'm removing, as well as the first C# in the LH in 25 and such. Maybe it's just me though; I don't know if that made any sense, but that's why I had it as is. Also, my instinct when playing it (I did play test this one a few times) wanted to play the overlapped note with the left hand to complete the accompaniment pattern.

Thoughts? I think I could go either way. (Ugh trying to put the parentheses in the left hand right now is doing that thing where it isn't in the right vertical position. I'll come back to this later.) Another option might be to eliminate the parentheses and the right hand note entirely to simplify things a bit.

The melody there is repeated elsewhere in the Deltarune soundtrack and those notes are definitely melody notes.  Listen to Don't Forget, for example.

Khunjund

I don't think con pedale is necessary, especially since you already wrote the bass notes sustained on a separate layer.

I'd definitely put the parentheses on the left hand notes.

Your dynamics in measures 17, 25, and 34 could be aligned with the notes, or at least closer to being aligned with the notes.

In measures 35 and 37, you should keep the octave above the second layer E.

Considering the use of pedal throughout the piece, it isn't very clear that you actually want the chord to cease in measure 40. I'd write the chord notes as a quarter note followed by rests in the second layer to unambiguously show that that this is what's intended.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on November 28, 2018, 02:12:36 PMThe melody there is repeated elsewhere in the Deltarune soundtrack and those notes are definitely melody notes.  Listen to Don't Forget, for example.
Ah, gotcha. Good to know. Adjusted that and the other things mentioned above.

Quote from: D3ath3657 on November 29, 2018, 06:08:43 PMI don't think con pedale is necessary, especially since you already wrote the bass notes sustained on a separate layer.

I'd definitely put the parentheses on the left hand notes.

Your dynamics in measures 17, 25, and 34 could be aligned with the notes, or at least closer to being aligned with the notes.

In measures 35 and 37, you should keep the octave above the second layer E.

Considering the use of pedal throughout the piece, it isn't very clear that you actually want the chord to cease in measure 40. I'd write the chord notes as a quarter note followed by rests in the second layer to unambiguously show that that this is what's intended.
The con pedale isn't necessary, but I'd like to keep it in anyway. Makes it explicit given that the first couple systems can be played exactly as written without pedal with both hands on the bottom staff.

Dynamics I'd like to keep there to avoid cramping up space around the notes. It's clear where they're intended to mark.

Added those octave E's.

The chord under the B in m. 40 already cuts off after a dotted quarter as opposed to the previous measures where they were sustained the whole measure, so I don't think that's necessary.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Sebastian

Oh, lol...I didn't realize this game has Undertale music. Nice work with this one. Notes sound great. Everything looks in order.

*bonk*

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Sebastian.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot