News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. Update

Started by Latios212, November 29, 2018, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on December 02, 2018, 04:54:34 PM- Unlike in m5-7, the top notes in m1-3 are the same 2 notes (Bb and A).

After hearing the Results Display Screen in SSB4 so much, I just can't get over this change, even though I can kinda hear it now.

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 02, 2018, 02:49:06 PMUpdated Famicom Medley
It's definitely looking much better now. I'd still suggest using mine because I fixed a number of other layout problems that still persist in yours, but that's up to you.

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 02, 2018, 07:59:46 PMAfter hearing the Results Display Screen in SSB4 so much, I just can't get over this change, even though I can kinda hear it now.

Ahhhh that's why I was so confused.  I was thinking 'I can't hear these notes but my mind really wants to hear them'. 

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 02, 2018, 02:49:06 PMUpdated Famicom Medley & Namco Medley 1. Not gonna go through all of the feedback individually cause that'd take too long. Yes, I ended up enlarging the systems, at multiple updater's request.

Latios has accepted Famicom medley now I believe.

Namco Medley:

-Bar 77 the last quaver should be a D rather than an E (like it is everywhere else so I assume this was just an accident.)
-In the final two bars, did you simplify the bass on purpose?  I'm hearing it having a lot more movement.
-The 8va in bar 48 is still placed ambiguously.
-Left hand bar 84 you're missing a quaver F right at the end of the bar.
-Left hand bar 63 sounds like G G# A B rather than G A A# B.  Probably also caused by it being out of tune.
-Any reason you left out the bass part in bar 45?
-I'd bring the pedal off on the final beat of bar 21 rather than the first of bar 22.
-I'm hearing the An in the third quaver of bar 89 as Bn.

I think that's all but I'm pretty tired at the moment so I might have missed something.

Also that ending section is really reminding me of the pizza music from Spiderman 2. :/

Latios212

Everything from the Melee project folder has been checked and accepted. Plus a bunch more stuff.

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 02, 2018, 07:59:46 PMAfter hearing the Results Display Screen in SSB4 so much, I just can't get over this change, even though I can kinda hear it now.
Does that mean you're okay with Static's files?

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 02, 2018, 11:41:33 PMIt's definitely looking much better now. I'd still suggest using mine because I fixed a number of other layout problems that still persist in yours, but that's up to you.
I helped Yug Guy make some layout improvements on his file which contained all the recent edits and accepted it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

And now, presenting the Smash Bros. arrangement you didn't know you wanted until now:

I guess it's technically a SSBU spoiler?
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate [SWITCH]
"Gang-Plank Galleon"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

lol hopefully the Youtube link won't get taken down by the time you guys see this

Apologies for submitting this somewhat late into the project, but I wanted to make sure it was just right before submitting it. Hopefully you guys agree!
[close]
@Libera - I just noticed the feedback you gave me on Namco Medley, I'll get to it soon. [/td][/tr][/table]

Yug_Guy

Sorry for the delay, Namco Medley's been updated.

Quote from: Libera on December 03, 2018, 05:04:07 PM-Bar 77 the last quaver should be a D rather than an E (like it is everywhere else so I assume this was just an accident.)
-The 8va in bar 48 is still placed ambiguously.
-Left hand bar 84 you're missing a quaver F right at the end of the bar.
-Left hand bar 63 sounds like G G# A B rather than G A A# B.  Probably also caused by it being out of tune.
-I'd bring the pedal off on the final beat of bar 21 rather than the first of bar 22.
(hopefully) Fixed.

Quote from: Libera on December 03, 2018, 05:04:07 PM-In the final two bars, did you simplify the bass on purpose?  I'm hearing it having a lot more movement.
I tried slowing down the song & that's what's playing.

Quote from: Libera on December 03, 2018, 05:04:07 PM-Any reason you left out the bass part in bar 45?
I didn't hear it until now I'm sorry

Quote from: Libera on December 03, 2018, 05:04:07 PM-I'm hearing the An in the third quaver of bar 89 as Bn.
I don't hear it. Seems like a standard I-bVII chord progression.

Quote from: Libera on December 03, 2018, 05:04:07 PMAlso that ending section is really reminding me of the pizza music from Spiderman 2. :/

Libera

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 04, 2018, 03:43:07 PMI tried slowing down the song & that's what's playing.
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
This is what I can hear.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 04, 2018, 03:43:07 PMI don't hear it. Seems like a standard I-bVII chord progression.
I decided to run that quaver through a spectrum analyser because I really wasn't hearing the An.
Spoiler
[close]
It's messy, but there's no An.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Libera on December 04, 2018, 04:13:47 PM
Spoiler
[close]
This is what I can hear.
Well, I guess it isn't hurting anything. Fixed.

Quote from: Libera on December 04, 2018, 04:13:47 PMI decided to run that quaver through a spectrum analyser because I really wasn't hearing the An.
Spoiler
[close]
It's messy, but there's no An.

Libera

We need more prequel memes on NSM.

You missed the E -> D in the LH of bar 77.  That's my fault, I should have made it more clear I meant both hands.

That's all I have, when you make that change I'll give it my approval.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Libera on December 04, 2018, 04:45:32 PMYou missed the E -> D in the LH of bar 77.  That's my fault, I should have made it more clear I meant both hands.
That's all I have, when you make that change I'll give it my approval.
It is done.

Static

For the 3rd 8th note/quaver in m89, I'm think hearing an B, A#, and C#, no E though since there's only 3 upper voices playing at once (the spectrum analyzer graph seems to confirm this too). The clash with the B and A# is pretty noticeable to me at least.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Static on December 04, 2018, 06:57:58 PMFor the 3rd 8th note/quaver in m89, I'm think hearing an B, A#, and C#, no E though since there's only 3 upper voices playing at once (the spectrum analyzer graph seems to confirm this too). The clash with the B and A# is pretty noticeable to me at least.
ALL HAIL THE SPECTROGRAM!

...*ahem* Fixed.

The Deku Trombonist

Gang-Plank Galleon

Link to file with things fixed

Things that I fixed:
- M. 2 those 8ths are staccato
- M. 3 Added some missing harmonies. There are more harmonies than that on beat 1 but I didn't add any more to keep the "trill" easy to play with fingers 2 & 4 (easier than 3 & 5).
- M. 4 - 14 Some 8ths are staccato and some are long, so I added some articulations to articulate this.
- Finale's default beaming over rests with 8th notes is criminal.
- M. 41 etc Added accent on last note of the bar. For further accentuation, you could even add some of the harmonies from the brass if you wanted.
- M. 44 Added missing harmonies.
- M. 69-72 Fixed wrong notes in the harmony line in the RH.
- M 93 Threw in some missing harmonies.

Things that I didn't fix:
- M. 1 (et. al) I don't think that those moving thirds at that tempo are very friendly for the average amateur pianist.
- M. 3 The trill is not a trill as such. A trill goes between the written note and the next note up but this one goes up a minor third (C->Eb). Yes, I'm aware that you could just write it as tr# but that wouldn't make harmonic sense and it also wouldn't fit with the later occurrences of the same figure.
- M. 16 What do you actually want the performer to do in this measure? It's not obvious just from looking at it. Some sort of text description would help.
- M. 20 Repeated notes at the speed are okay (not great...) but then to go from those (where presumably the pianist would use the multiple finger technique for playing fast repeated notes) to suddenly leap up an octave to run on beat 4 might be a bit much. Even just changing beat 3 to two 8th notes would help alot.
- M. 32 Another one of those trills that isn't really a trill (It's D->F for most of the bar).
- M. 33-36 I'd reeeeeaaaaallly suggest writing something else other than what you've got in the RH. It's just not piano friendly at all.
- M. 37-39 Again, endless tremolos aren't fun. Also, the notes are incorrect, it should be an A instead of an F.
- M. 45 These moving thirds are easier than the previous ones because they don't move around so much but I'll defer to one of the other updaters on those.
- M. 57 If you want a trill/shake, write one. If you want it to start partway through the note, then write that. But there's no way that whoever is playing this is going to just repeatedly hammer the F key as written.
- M. 57 Also, what's the extra staff for? There's no indication as to what purpose it serves. Whether it's an ossia or foot stomps or whether Master Hand just decided to join in and make it a 3-handed duet.
- M. 67 Those moving 3rds, they keep a-comin'!

There are also page formatting issues but I'm not going to go into that here. If you want me to go through that with you, send me a message.

Th3Gavst3r

Collab with Latios! :D

[SWITCH] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Main Theme (Piano)
Originalshhhh this song hasn't been released yet...

LeviR.star

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on December 05, 2018, 10:14:13 PMCollab with Latios! :D

[SWITCH] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Main Theme (Piano)
Originalshhhh this song hasn't been released yet...

Immediately clicks on at light speed
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements