News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [NES] Mad City - "Track 11" by Jacopo Tore

Started by Zeta, December 18, 2018, 09:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Mad City
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Track 11
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jacopo Tore

LeviR.star

Excuse me, Jacopo, but... is this just the NES Konami "Pause" sound effect?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 18, 2018, 12:21:31 PMExcuse me, Jacopo, but... is this just the NES Konami "Pause" sound effect?
Yes, I can credit it in a game. Because I have not seen Konami field/page, maybe we can create it?

LeviR.star

Because it seems a little odd to credit it to this game in particular, I'd suggest finding the first game this sound effect appeared in, and attaching it to some sort of "Short Themes" sheet. Crediting the sound effect as "Track 11" in this obscure of a game seems silly to me.

Also, may I ask why this sheet is in 15ma? It's not on any octave higher than the one it's written on in the staff.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 18, 2018, 07:18:49 PMBecause it seems a little odd to credit it to this game in particular, I'd suggest finding the first game this sound effect appeared in, and attaching it to some sort of "Short Themes" sheet. Crediting the sound effect as "Track 11" in this obscure of a game seems silly to me.

Also, may I ask why this sheet is in 15ma? It's not on any octave higher than the one it's written.
I'm not sure the administrators agree with what you're asking me to do. Please write only what administrators are sure to want.
Can an administrator please indicate the changes to be made for the score?
Thank you

LeviR.star

I'm sure the "administrators" will have pretty similar suggestions on what to do with a sheet of a split-second sound effect. I'm only trying to help you, so can you please stop denying arrangers' feedback when the updaters can't immediately verify it? This is part of the reason why some sheets are taking so long to get accepted.

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 19, 2018, 07:41:13 AMI'm sure the "administrators" will have pretty similar suggestions on what to do with a sheet of a split-second sound effect. I'm only trying to help you, so can you please stop denying arrangers' feedback when the updaters can't immediately verify it? This is part of the reason why some sheets are taking so long to get accepted.
Ok I'm sorry, could you say me exactly what I need to modify in this score?

LeviR.star

To start, remove the 15ma, and then re-label the title as "Pause".

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 19, 2018, 10:50:06 AMTo start, remove the 15ma, and then re-label the title as "Pause".

Ok I did it.
I removed also composers, copyright year and game title.

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 18, 2018, 12:21:31 PMExcuse me, Jacopo, but... is this just the NES Konami "Pause" sound effect?

Forgive me for saying so, but I don't see the need for there to be a sheet for solely a pause effect on the site.  As LeviR.star mentioned, when we have sheets for miscellaneous sound effects they are usually put together in a collection.  For example:

https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/3982

(In fact as you can see that very sheet contains a pause sound effect.)

I'd recommend either submitting something else, or collecting together other related short themes to make a sheet similar to the one above.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on December 19, 2018, 11:18:04 AMForgive me for saying so, but I don't see the need for there to be a sheet for solely a pause effect on the site.  As LeviR.star mentioned, when we have sheets for miscellaneous sound effects they are usually put together in a collection.  For example:

I'd recommend either submitting something else, or collecting together other related short themes to make a sheet similar to the one above.
Ok so I need to associate to a game?

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on December 19, 2018, 11:18:04 AMFor example:

To add on, the main reason I included the "Pause" sound effect from that game was because it a variation of the famous Konami "Pause" heard in the company's NES games, and because this one is not used again in its sequel, Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge. What our arranger has here is a very recognizable sound appointed to a not-so-recognizable game. No offense to Jacopo, but I agree with Libera on deleting this, and it already seems to me like a waste of a submission slot.

If your truly have your heart set on getting this sound effect to the site, I suggest including it in a compilation sheet for the game it made its NES debut (which was likely TwinBee).

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 19, 2018, 11:39:09 AMTo add on, the main reason I included the "Pause" sound effect from that game was because it a variation of the famous Konami "Pause" heard in the company's NES games, and because this one is not used again in its sequel, Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge. What our arranger has here is a very recognizable sound appointed to a not-so-recognizable game. No offense to Jacopo, but I agree with Libera on deleting this, and it already seems to me like a waste of a submission slot.

If your truly have your heart set on getting this sound effect to the site, I suggest including it in a compilation sheet for the game it made its NES debut (which was likely TwinBee).
I miss Libera suggest to delete it. I need to delete the submission? Or integrate in a game with other sound effects? Please levir.star be precise

Libera

Quote from: JacopoTore on December 19, 2018, 04:05:22 PMI miss Libera suggest to delete it. I need to delete the submission? Or integrate in a game with other sound effects? Please levir.star be precise

In it's current form, I do not think it is worthwhile to accept this sheet onto the site and hence I think it should be deleted.  I think there are two courses of action for you to take afterwards:
1) Find some other Konami NES sound effects and transcribe those, then put them all into one sheet similar to the one I linked above.  Then you can submit that new sheet.
2) Pick a different, more standard, sheet to submit.

I understand that English isn't your first language, so if you need me to be more clear, let me know.