News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [Wii] Mario Kart Wii - "Wario's Gold Mine" by aaron447

Started by Zeta, January 10, 2019, 08:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Mario Kart Wii
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Wario's Gold Mine
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: aaron447

Libera

Hey there!  Normally people post a youtube link to the original so that it's clear what everyone is working off of.  I'll post it this time, but let me know if this isn't the correct track.

First things first, I'd take a look at the formatting guidelines and make your arrangement fit them.  Indent the first system, change fonts etc. etc.

Secondly there are some visual aspects of your sheet that you should change, such as spacing out the bars more (especially the fourth system of the second page definitely is too cramped).  I'd probably go with three bars per system apart from where you have lots of semiquavers, where I'd opt for two. 

Thirdly, the original actually doesn't loop back at bar 40 so you've actually only arranged the first half of the piece.  The second half does have the same structure as the first though, which is perhaps why you thought it looped.

There are quite a few other issues that I've spotted on a brief look through, and I think that perhaps it might be better if this piece was moved back into the PA threads until it's closer to being ready (submissions is really meant for arrangements that are basically already there, or at least it's meant to be).  I'd also suggest that if this is your first attempt at arranging, it might be a good idea to try something a bit easier; this piece is quite tricky in a lot of places.  I'm not too familiar with the Mario Kart Wii soundtrack, but there might be some easier pieces on that for you to try if you like that particular OST a lot.

After you've fixed some of that stuff, or you'd like clarification on anything, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

aaron447

I thought I had the fonts and stuff correct, but i must have made a mistake. Squished systems are because i originally made the arrangement in musescore, and I used those measure repeat symbols that look like a lopsided division sign, and it didn't carry over to finale when i tried to convert, so i just put in the actual notes. I will try to fix all these things.
I submitted this piece because it was in piano arrangements for several months without any replies, so i guess i just assumed this was the next step.
Thanks for the tips and corrections, I appreciate it! This submissions thing is harder than i thought it would be lol!

aaron447

I will continue to fix up this piece so it gets up to standards. I am also working on a few other ones. You haven't seen the last of me!  ;)

Libera

Quote from: aaron447 on January 10, 2019, 11:46:15 PMI submitted this piece because it was in piano arrangements for several months without any replies, so i guess i just assumed this was the next step.

I'm sorry about that.  Sometimes things in PAs slip by us, especially the updaters who are very focused on submissions.  If you're looking for feedback, don't be afraid to ask in the PA thread again or on discord.

Quote from: aaron447 on January 11, 2019, 12:25:26 AMI will continue to fix up this piece so it gets up to standards. I am also working on a few other ones. You haven't seen the last of me!  ;)

I'm very happy to hear this, and I'm looking forward to seeing your revisions/other arrangements!

Latios212

I'm archiving this for now - please do feel free to keep posting progress in your personal arrangement thread while you work on it, and reach out if you have any questions about the above or anything else!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle