Series: Sonic
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Scrap Brain Zone
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Libera

Notes look good, just got some stuff to say about formatting and the arrangement itself.

-The first page is a little troublesome aesthetically; the copyright is too low and even then the music is almost on top of it.  I had a little mess around with the file and decided on:
1. Moving the title and composer info up a little bit (not much though).
2. Moving the copyright back to it's usual position (vertical alignment of 0 rather than -0.21 something).
3. Putting the right hand of systems 2-4 under an 8va so it can be brought down an octave visually. 
The last point creates a lot of extra space for you on the first page which allows for everything to sit nicely without invading the southern margins.

-The left hand is ... really tricky.  I'd highly recommend either one of two things:
1. Drop the semiquavers and just have quavers instead:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
2. Move every second semiquaver up the octave:
Spoiler
[close]
The left hand in bars 11-12 is fine though since the right hand is free to help out, though you could make that more explicit if you wanted to.

-The reaches in the right hand of bar 14 and 17 are pretty much impossible due to the Db in the middle, so the voicings at those moments should really be changed.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Libera on January 27, 2019, 09:34:55 AMNotes look good, just got some stuff to say about formatting and the arrangement itself.

-The first page is a little troublesome aesthetically; the copyright is too low and even then the music is almost on top of it.  I had a little mess around with the file and decided on:
1. Moving the title and composer info up a little bit (not much though).
2. Moving the copyright back to it's usual position (vertical alignment of 0 rather than -0.21 something).
3. Putting the right hand of systems 2-4 under an 8va so it can be brought down an octave visually. 
The last point creates a lot of extra space for you on the first page which allows for everything to sit nicely without invading the southern margins.
Should be good now

Quote from: Libera on January 27, 2019, 09:34:55 AM-The left hand is ... really tricky.  I'd highly recommend either one of two things:
1. Drop the semiquavers and just have quavers instead:
Spoiler
[close]
2. Move every second semiquaver up the octave:
Spoiler
[close]
The left hand in bars 11-12 is fine though since the right hand is free to help out, though you could make that more explicit if you wanted to.
I went with the second option, since it's a lot more movement that the R.H. just can't provide on its own.

Quote from: Libera on January 27, 2019, 09:34:55 AM-The reaches in the right hand of bar 14 and 17 are pretty much impossible due to the Db in the middle, so the voicings at those moments should really be changed.
Fixed.

Libera

Quote from: Yug_Guy on January 29, 2019, 04:10:03 PMI went with the second option, since it's a lot more movement that the R.H. just can't provide on its own.

Yeah, the second option was my preference as well.

Approved.

Latios212

Yay replacement! Looks good, just two things:
- Fix the last beat of m. 16 to have a 16th rest followed by 8th rest.
- "Scap Brain Zone"
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on January 30, 2019, 03:57:26 PM- Fix the last beat of m. 16 to have a 16th rest followed by 8th rest.
Done.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 30, 2019, 03:57:26 PM- "Scap Brain Zone"
...i totally meant to do that. definitely. 

Zeta