News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - "Konpa Gate" by Onionleaf

Started by Zeta, January 28, 2019, 11:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Golden Sun
Game: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Konpa Gate
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Onionleaf

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Onionleaf

Libera

This is another of those games that I only know of through this site haha.  Anyway, checking now~

-Bar 8 left hand minim I hear a D rather than a B.
-Bars 13-16 are a tricky part of the arrangement; trying to bring in the strings is difficult without it getting in the way of the woodwinds.  But the way you have it currently means that the woodwind part in bar 15 doesn't have the correct notes (it should be identical to bars 9-12.)  I've had a little play around with that section trying to find a decent solution, and the main thing I could come up with was to bring the woodwinds down an octave (to match how they are in bars 9-12) along with the strings and miss out the woodwind harmony when it coincides with the string part.  Something like this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment..
[close]
I'm certainly interested on hearing your thoughts on that section because it certainly isn't obvious what the best thing to do there is.
-The harmony/voicing in bar 17 to the end gets a little low in places and I thought it could perhaps be voiced nicer something like this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
(and similarly for the next four bars).  Once again let me know what you think about this bit.

I think that's everything I've got.

Onionleaf

Hiya, I think all of your suggestions are great, the sheet has definitely improved. Thanks!
Poke me again if there's anything else that needs changing :)

Libera

The changes look good!

Just some final things:

-I assume you meant 'rh' rather than 'lh' in bar 17. :P
-The horizontal alignment on the title, game name, composer info, arranger info and copyright are slightly off.
-The copyright should be brought back to 0 vertical alignment.

Sorry I missed the alignment stuff last time...

Onionleaf

Oops! This is what happens when I edit sheets right before bed... Should be all fixed now.

Libera

Latios212

How would you feel about filling out the LH a bit more in m. 19 and 23 to keep the texture more consistent (similar to m. 20 and 24 where the upper layer plays thirds)?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot