News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Bobbythekid21's Arrangments

Started by Bobbythekid21, February 06, 2019, 06:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbythekid21

Ok, so here is everything I have so far:

Plans for songs to do in the future:

• Overworld - Day(Terraria)
      Progress: Done, waiting for help.
    • Vivi's Theme(Final Fantasy IX)
      Progress: I haven't started.
    • Intro Stage (Mega Man X)
      Progress: I haven't stared.
    • I hope to do some Risk of Rain songs later
    • Maybe some asphalt 9 songs? I've kinda started on "Legend."
    • I'll probably start on The Worlds Hardest Game theme song eventually

That's it for now... But there are more to follow!
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

Latios212

Hey, welcome to the site!

It helps if you provide a link to the original song via YouTube or somewhere else... I've never heard of this before.

For the first section you should avoid using 8va above bass clef. There's plenty of space available for you to notate it differently.

And check out this topic to find out how to improve your rhythm groupings!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bobbythekid21

Thanks!
Dudeman has brought it to my attention though, that it's a fan-made song, and not part of the original game so it will never make it through the submission process.
I'll look into doing this for it though.
Edit: nvm, I just found evidence that the song is an easter egg in the game.
Spoiler
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

Awesome man! I love the Build Our Machine song from Bendy, and the Ink Machine!

Bobbythekid21

Alright so you can see in the OP that I'm almost finished with Guardia Millenial Fair, but I'm having a problem. There's just one little part I just can't put my finger on what the notes are. The second voice in measures 36-38 and 40-42 are the ones giving me trouble. If I could get some help that would be awesome, thanks. Here is the original song.
Spoiler
[close]

Libera

So I had a look at your Terraria arrangement.  Now I was going to fix up the formatting, but at the moment this arrangement needs a lot of work.  I hate having to tell people these sorts of things, but honestly the rhythms in this arrangement are off pretty much everywhere and frankly it sounds nothing like the original at all.  I had a go at the first few bars of the right hand myself (leaving out the introduction which is in and of itself a whole other problem) and I got something like this (note that my tempo marking is incorrect, it's more like 145ish):

Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Now I understand that you like Terraria, but honestly since you are so new to arranging I really would attempt something different at the moment.  The Terraria soundtrack (from memory) is not at all simple and you'd be better served improving your skills on easier pieces before attempting complicated stuff like this.  Obviously I can't tell you what to arrange, but I highly recommend older games' music as those tend to have more distinct voice lines and are just generally simpler.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I thought that it was better to say something.

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Libera on March 10, 2019, 01:59:54 PMProbably not what you wanted to hear, but I thought that it was better to say something.
Honestly, it was not what I wanted to hear, in fact I was afraid of it, but I appreciate it none the less. Thanks. I was going to try Dungeon and Ocean from Terraria next but I think I'll get to work on Vivi's Theme for now.
Spoiler
[close]