Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Strictness of the Chitama Middle School Teachers
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

For reference:
As always, I'd like to save help with formatting changes last so I can fix notes and articulations first. Might be a bit odd though, since some of the staccatos intersect.

Static

Very nice sheet!
  • Though the title is stylized as Chu♥lip, for the sheet it's probably best to use the official title, which is just Chulip.
  • Measure numbers are missing.
  • The tenuto markings on the LH of any even-numbered measure should be below the note (it's just an issue with how Finale treats articulations on layers even if part of the other layer is hidden).
  • Any dotted half rests should be whole rests. Empty measures, no matter the time signature, are always written as whole rests.
  • The first system seems pretty close to the title/composer/arranger info, and there are multiple instances where articulations in between staves clash with each other, so everything should be spaced apart more.
  • Any C naturals should be B#s (G# major chord), except for the chromatic one in m33. Any neighboring B naturals should be left as those instead of Axs since those are more cumbersome to read (and those parts could be viewed as alternating between the raised and lowered 7th anyway).
  • I was thinking about whether the G naturals should be Fxs or not, but I think they do work better as G naturals since they're usually approached by F#s in this song. For now, I'll leave them and add courtesy #s to nearby G#s, but if someone else wants to take a look that would probably be a good idea.
  • All the systems on the 2nd page go outside the left margin for some reason, and the margins are different on each page.
  • 2nd page number and subtitle are missing.

To make everything easier for all of us, I went ahead and made all the changes for you.

NineLives

I'm glad you like the piece and thanks so much for making the changes and formatting the sheet, Static! It's a big help. The only thing I may find odd is the game's title, as it shows up as "Chu♥lip" in the other sheet I did from it. It's not a big deal, just a thought. Thanks again!

Static

Quote from: NineLives on August 11, 2019, 09:01:29 PMI'm glad you like the piece and thanks so much for making the changes and formatting the sheet, Static! It's a big help. The only thing I may find odd is the game's title, as it shows up as "Chu♥lip" in the other sheet I did from it. It's not a big deal, just a thought. Thanks again!

Not a problem! I originally wasn't aware of your previous Chu♥lip sheet, where Maelstrom said that it's up to you how you want to stylize the title. So, because of that, you should add back the heart, and we'll take care of editing the game title on the main site to have the heart in it (right now, it's just "Chulip" like submission topic title). I would just like the titles to be consistent across the board, heart or not. Anyways, I approve of this sheet.

NineLives

Quote from: Static on August 12, 2019, 09:26:50 AMNot a problem! I originally wasn't aware of your previous Chu♥lip sheet, where Maelstrom said that it's up to you how you want to stylize the title. So, because of that, you should add back the heart, and we'll take care of editing the game title on the main site to have the heart in it.
The heart's been added back and thanks much!

Libera

Looks pretty good to me, just one thing:

-The Cn in bar 28 should be a B#.

Quote from: Static on August 11, 2019, 06:45:06 PMI was thinking about whether the G naturals should be Fxs or not, but I think they do work better as G naturals since they're usually approached by F#s in this song. For now, I'll leave them and add courtesy #s to nearby G#s, but if someone else wants to take a look that would probably be a good idea.

Hmm, I'm not sure either what the best thing to do is.  They clearly function as F## in most places and the neighbouring F#s could actually be thought of as E##s if you wanted to make it consistent, but maybe that's messy enough that it's just easier to write them as F#s and Gns even if it obscures the underlying harmony a little.

NineLives

Latios212

Took a quick look at the accidentals, yeah this piece does some strange chromatic stuff. I too am hesitant to change Gn into Fx, and think Gn does a fine enough job of facilitating readability here, so I'll accept.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta