News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Kothund's Submissions

Started by Kothund, July 29, 2008, 05:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kothund

Hi everyone

I've made an arrangement of the Kotake and Koume Theme from Zelda - Ocarina of time. So I want to give back something to this really nice Site.

So, my list of arrangements now is:

1. N64 - Zelda OoT - Kotake & Koume's Theme - My
    http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=7UZR3R3R   

with the Midi File from FinaleNotePad:                   
    http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=OGMYTJTW

Yes, only one. Maybe I'll make more, but for now I hope you enjoy it. My Arrangement is (and others will be) for every Instument which is able to play it. ;) I play the accordion and cannot write proper pianomusic, but there are the Melody and the Chords, so I'm sure you can use my arrangement to play it on your instrument like you want.

Mr. Kothund

edit: So, I hope everything is right now.

jake3343

The format of the sheet could use some fixing. Make should it meets all these requirements: http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/forum/index.php?topic=481.0

The actual music, on the other hand, I can't judge because the computer I am on does not have sound plus I have never heard of this song

Brawler4Ever

Well, this stinks.  :P

the song that's on the site is called "Magic Hag's Shop" in the Majora's Mask SubSection, by Jimbabwe. Basically, Kotake's and Koume's Theme is already done.

But I hate to see a good arrangement go to waste...
I know of two sites that do not have this song (I checked).
One is called www.apollomix.com. It's relatively new, and is owned by FrankDAngelo, now The_Grimace.

The other is really new, and called www.gamemusicworld.net. It's owned by B-KPianist, Akiro, and a few other people.
I go to both of these regularly. You'll have to change the song format for either sites if you want to submit to them.
Sorry.  :-\
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

pumpy_heart

The song as it is currently written is unplayable.
The staffs overlap in some places.

Kothund

Öh? I don't know what you mean. As I said, I don't play the piano, I play the accordion and I had no problems to play it.

Do you mean the cords or what? What do you mean whit "the staffs"? My english is not that good. If there are some overlapped sounds, that's correct, listen to the oricinal version. BUt maybe you can't play that on the piano, so I'm sorry about that.
If it's unplayable for your Instrument, then change it so that you can play it.

But I'm going to holiday tomorrow, so I wont answer for a while.

marioguy

Sorry for bumping this up, but I have an important question. "Kotake & Koume's Theme" and "Magic Hags' Potion Shop" are the same song and the sheet musics for both of these were arranged by Kothund, but they aren't exactly identical. I want to know which one is the correct version.

Brassman388

Both are. One of from Majora's Mask and the other one is from Ocarina of Time. Now, I haven't looked at them in detail, but as far as I know, they sound pretty good to me. That is, if you don't want my version which I know is error free.

:D

marioguy

Is the Majora's Mask version of the song actually different from the OoT version

Where's your version?

Brassman388

It's not a piano arrangement. It's a flute duet with an accompanying piano. It's a little diddly-doo I did back in the day when I first started arranging.

I'll post up a link if the other two aren't good.

DonValentino

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 15, 2013, 02:23:35 PMIt's not a piano arrangement. It's a flute duet with an accompanying piano. It's a little diddly-doo I did back in the day when I first started arranging.

I'll post up a link if the other two aren't good.

Kothund's arrangement is flawless. Really, I can't spot a mistake: A minor with G#, it's perfectly playable and accurate, wonderful formatting... It's on site if you want to check it out.

TheZeldaPianist275

Both songs are identical.  The MM one was reused from OoT.

...actually, I just listened to both.  The MM one is maybe a HAIR faster.  Like, we're taliing 1 or 2 bpm.  Not enough to make a significant difference.  And Kothund's arrangement is both playable and accurate.

Brassman388

You're right. They are good. Also, didn't know that they were arranged by you, good sir. I thought you were requesting an arrangement of it. Or something like that.

Anyways.

I'll post up mine in my thread just so you have some work to compare. I don't intend on putting it up the site, so no worries there.

Other than that, keep up the good work, dude.

marioguy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 15, 2013, 02:48:17 PMBoth songs are identical.  The MM one was reused from OoT.

...actually, I just listened to both.  The MM one is maybe a HAIR faster.  Like, we're taliing 1 or 2 bpm.  Not enough to make a significant difference.  And Kothund's arrangement is both playable and accurate.

However, Kothund's sheet musics for "Kotake & Koume's Theme" and "Magic Hags' Potion Shop" are NOT identical. There are differences in measures 16, 21, and 22.

marioguy

Come on people! This is super important.

DonValentino