Series: Donkey Kong
Game: Donkey Kong (NES)
Console: ARCADE
Title: Title Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: RunwayFire

LeviR.star

Hey, remember this?

Updaters, I think it's time I re-addressed the fact that Donkey Kong game with its 4 sheets still need to be labeled as [NES] Donkey Kong (NES), and that the Donkey Kong game with my single compilation sheet should have its title on the site properly changed to [ARCADE] Donkey Kong.

If a game's the original and not a port, then its console shouldn't have to be specified. There should be no debate about this.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Welcome to NinSheetMusic! This looks like a pretty solid transcription; however it still needs some polish - there are some misaligned notes in the left hand part of the second system. Please also check out the formatting guidelines to update the text styles for the composer/arranger info and copyright accordingly.

Additionally, I would recommend moving a measure up to the first system and giving some thought to how you want to distribute the middle layer between the left hand and the right hand. Let us know if you need any help!

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 08, 2019, 08:34:26 PM(...)

There should be no debate about this.
Hey no need to be so pushy :P I've updated the game info accordingly.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

RunwayFire

Thanks for the feedback!

I edited the piece to put the middle layer into the treble clef and ended up turning the two systems into four because that's the only way it would have fit and not looked cramped.

I changed the fonts and sizes of the document parts like you asked. If they're still not up to snuff, let me know and I'll make sure to update them!

Thanks again!

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized I forgot to change the midi file and the mus file when I altered the pdf. They have been updated accordingly

Libera

Hmm looking at your new version compared to your old I'm not quite sure moving the middle voice up to the melody line was quite what Latios was talking about.  The way it's written out now it's very difficult to make out the melody since you combine the two parts in places.  I think you should keep everything as it is in the original, but it might be helpful to write them in a way that shows which hand should be playing which bit.  For example, the middle voice in bar 1 could be taken by either the right or left hands, but in the final bar it would definitely be best taken by the right hand.  Notating this is a matter of moving the part between staves, or using hooks to show where the other hand should take a phrase.  Try and keep all three voices as distinct voices in the arrangement, because it's important to not get the lines muddled up (and there are only three of them).

Also, I should point out while I'm here that the fourth note of the melody (the F) is actually an E.  Although I can see how you made that mistake, as in lots of the later versions of this tune (like in DKC) it is an F.

More things:

-The bass in bar 2 is a G rather than a Bb.
-The bass in bar 3 is a Bb rather than a G.
-I would keep the contour of the bass in bars 5 and 6 as it is in the original rather than swapping the octave halfway through each bar.  Furthermore, the notes here are A E C A, Bb F D Bb rather than what you have written currently.
Similarly the bass is incorrect in bars 7 and 8, try and listen carefully to what is going to get the correct notes in.  If you're having trouble you can try listening to it slower, or moving it up an ocatve (I think audiostretch can do this?) and if you're still struggling we can help.
-The game title, composer info, arranger info and the copyright/url should be made in the text tool rather than the expression tool.  Furthermore, the url needs to be a the correct vertical alignment (0 and set to be aligned as the footer.)
-Some people like to hide the final beat of the final bar when you have a one-beat pick-up (as often it is missing from the piece as it is here) but that's your choice.

Static

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said, but I do agree with separating the middle and melody voices.

One other think I'd suggest is to flip a lot of the bassline notes in m5-8; a lot of them are flipped down when they should be up. Of course, this may change depending on how you move around the middle voice.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Going to archive this one for inactivity. Feel free to resubmit with changes upon your return!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle