Having Trouble with Repeats in Musescore

Started by Jenna Grace, April 25, 2019, 04:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenna Grace

I've come to a slight problem with musescore. I'm going to link the (unfinished) musescore so you can see it more clearly. My problem is that I can't find a way for Musescore to repeat the entire piece, first and second endings included. In all of the different variations of D.S.'s and D.C.'s I've tried, it either A.) doesn't work. at all. B.) skips the first ending and jumps straight to the second, or C.) skips both of the endings, which struck me as really odd. Right now I just have  D.C., which skips the first ending.

if anyone could help me figure this out, that would be wonderful :)

Let's Cook 1 (very unfinished) on Musescore

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Jenna Grace on April 25, 2019, 04:17:01 PMI've come to a slight problem with musescore. I'm going to link the (unfinished) musescore so you can see it more clearly. My problem is that I can't find a way for Musescore to repeat the entire piece, first and second endings included. In all of the different variations of D.S.'s and D.C.'s I've tried, it either A.) doesn't work. at all. B.) skips the first ending and jumps straight to the second, or C.) skips both of the endings, which struck me as really odd. Right now I just have  D.C., which skips the first ending.

if anyone could help me figure this out, that would be wonderful :)

Let's Cook 1 (very unfinished) on Musescore
Try right-clicking on the D.C. marking and clicking on "Edit Element". A "Play repeats" checkbox should appear in the Inspector to the right. Check it off.

Jenna Grace

Quote from: Dekkadeci on April 25, 2019, 06:24:14 PMTry right-clicking on the D.C. marking and clicking on "Edit Element". A "Play repeats" checkbox should appear in the Inspector to the right. Check it off.

I had to update my musescore but it worked in the end. Thank you!