News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

[PC] Deltarune - "Don't Forget" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, April 25, 2019, 08:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

I initially thought it might not turn out so well to try and reproduce that fade-in, but now I've changed my mind and think a simple rolled chord at the beginning could work well. It sounds like C#-E-G-B.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on April 29, 2019, 04:45:45 PM-Does piano need to be capitalised?

Out of personal preference, I'd like for it to be capitalized.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 29, 2019, 06:49:12 PM- Consider putting accents on the octaves in m. 11 since they're notably more powerful than the surrounding notes.

I thought about this a little, but decided that they weren't right for a gentle song like this. Thank you, though.

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on April 29, 2019, 08:13:34 PMthe only word that may need an adjustment is "places" but I'm honestly not sure what the best way to split that would be. It's probably fine the way you have it but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

Yea, that had me stuck, too. If anyone else thinks this should be changed, speak up.

^^ The above are the only suggestions I didn't incorporate; everything else is fixed.

A few other notes, though:

- do I need to move the m. 12 rests down to mid-stave?
- I decided to bring the rolled chord in m. 10 back down to the octave it was originally, as I think it's too drastic of an adjustment considering the chords are played in the LH's lower range for most of this arrangement
- is the G nat in m. 1 a G nat, or an Fx?

While I'm still open to LH chord adjustments, I believe this sheet is almost ready to go. Wait for me, updaters!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Cool cool, reviewing:

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 11, 2019, 09:46:38 PM
Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on April 29, 2019, 08:13:34 PMThe rest of it looks good to me - the only word that may need an adjustment is "places" but I'm honestly not sure what the best way to split that would be. It's probably fine the way you have it but I thought I'd mention it anyways.
Yea, that had me stuck, too. If anyone else thinks this should be changed, speak up.
I think it's correct the way you have it.

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 11, 2019, 09:46:38 PMA few other notes, though:

- do I need to move the m. 12 rests down to mid-stave?
- I decided to bring the rolled chord in m. 10 back down to the octave it was originally, as I think it's too drastic of an adjustment considering the chords are played in the LH's lower range for most of this arrangement
- is the G nat in m. 1 a G nat, or an Fx?

While I'm still open to LH chord adjustments, I believe this sheet is almost ready to go. Wait for me, updaters!
- Don't have to, but I think it would look better that way
- Works for me!
- Leave it as Gn. I think it's a C# half diminished chord and it makes the most sense as a stack of thirds (as opposed to having the odd intervals of E-Fx and Fx-B). However, I do think this chord should be an octave up; but if you lowered it intentionally to keep the LH in the lower registers that's fine I suppose.

All that said I think this is good to go!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

A courtesy sharp might be nice on the LH G in m2.

Since the first measure is no longer a two-beat pickup, the last measure should be four full beats instead of two. I'm also not totally sure why a double barline is needed at the beginning, but I figure you have some reason for it.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

I had the double bar line just for the pickup. It's no longer needed now.

Could an updater please make these changes? I'm out of the house for most of today, so it would be appreciated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Sure thing, no worries! Lowered those rests, removed the double barline, added a courtesy G#, filled out the last bar. Let me know if there are any issues.

But for now, good to go!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot