News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[PC] Touhou 5: Mystic Square - "The Grimoire of Alice" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, April 26, 2019, 07:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Touhou
Game: Touhou 5: Mystic Square
Console: PC
Title: The Grimoire of Alice
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Sorry for the extended version, all other versions on youtube have lackluster quality.

WaluigiTime64

Interestingly enough, this video is of a stereo version, which I assume comes from an Akyuu's Untouched Score album. The original mono version can be listened to and downloaded here, though there isn't any difference in the notes. It's just there if you want a non-extended version.

Most of this sheet seems very good.
 - The segno is a bit too close to the staff, and also could be moved to the left a little.
 - May I assume that the bass in the LH in M.53-60 is based on the kick beat of the original? If so, I feel like you could do add a little bit more for the latter 4 measures to give the energy that the snare provides when it comes up in the original (or do it to just the last 2 measures so that it transitions to the first section better).
 - The Bbm section arguably should be in A#m by its relation to the preceding C#m section, but Bbm's generally easier to read so I won't comment any further on that.
 - This is super nit-picky but the positions of the dynamics are inconsistent, which would be fine, if they weren't so obvious by being in the same positions on adjacent systems (M.1 + 5, M.53 + 57).

But yeah, good 2hu sheet.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

I don't have anything additional to add to this one that Wah hasn't already said, so once you make those above changes, this sheet will attain the Official Static Seal of Being Good. Nice sheet.

Also, personally, I would also rather have A# minor because when it loops back, it's in another sharp key. I think it's easier to read if most of a sheet is in either sharps or flats. Maybe that's just me though.

Maelstrom

All fixed and all suggestions included and all files updated.

Libera

Looks pretty good to me.  All I have to say is that the url is kind of low on the page and even with that the first page is sort of cramped.  I'd move the url back to v=0 vertical alignment and then move a system from the first page onto the last (So you'd have 5-6-4).  I think that's all I have to say though.

Maelstrom

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot