[NDS] Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! - "Title" by Th3Gavst3r

Started by Zeta, May 18, 2019, 07:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Title
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Th3Gavst3r

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

What a quirky but iconic song :P

- For some reason, I'm having trouble trying to verify the right hand of the first measure... although the last bit should be an octave higher.
- Not really sure, but I think it might be better to spell the A#s in the 16th note runs as Bbs
- A#s should definitely be respelled in m. 5/7 though. Similarly Bn  --> Cb in m. 9-12
- m. 6's left hand part can just be moved back to the lower staff. Actually, is octave doubling this phrase even necessary?
- LH sounds like it's missing an A on beat 4 of m. 8
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Greg

I think the LH in beat 3 of m7 should be a G minor chord instead (similar to RH beat 2 of that measure).

Latios212

I think that RH beat 2.5 of m. 7 is B flat major (has an F instead of a G). But I do agree that beat 3 has a G and isn't right as written

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Latios212 on June 08, 2019, 10:22:40 AM- Not really sure, but I think it might be better to spell the A#s in the 16th note runs as Bbs
Agreed. The flats help a bit with accidental switching

Quote from: Latios212 on June 08, 2019, 10:22:40 AM- For some reason, I'm having trouble trying to verify the right hand of the first measure... although the last bit should be an octave higher.
- A#s should definitely be respelled in m. 5/7 though. Similarly Bn  --> Cb in m. 9-12
Did both of these things

Quote from: Latios212 on June 08, 2019, 10:22:40 AM- m. 6's left hand part can just be moved back to the lower staff. Actually, is octave doubling this phrase even necessary?
I personally like the octave doubling because it emphasizes the timbre switch. The melody is extremely delicate until the LH comes in, when the pizz. violins add a bit of force to those notes. I don't think accents really do it justice.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 08, 2019, 10:22:40 AM- LH sounds like it's missing an A on beat 4 of m. 8
Beats 4 and 4.5 are a couple of bongo slaps. The first happens to be pitched like an A, and the second sounds close to an F. While I didn't include them originally because they're percussion, I kind of like the rhythmic flow of adding LH notes on those beats. I've added both the A and F; let me know what you think.

Latios212

All looks good to me :) except the 16th runs are still using A#s

edit: updated that for ya, all good

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on June 08, 2019, 10:22:40 AM- For some reason, I'm having trouble trying to verify the right hand of the first measure... although the last bit should be an octave higher.

I think it's because the right hand here is doubled a fourth up and so you have a sequence of stacked fourths which can be ... quite disorientating to listen to closely.  I'm fine with leaving the top notes out though because I'm not sure they can easily be included without making the phrase very tricky to play.

The only thing I spotted was that you seem to be missing two Gs at the start of bar 15 (following the same pattern as everywhere) so I threw those in for you since you're busy at the moment.  (And I double checked with Latios that they were actually missing.)

With that sorted, I think we're done here.  Accepting!

Zeta