[3DS] Bravely Default - "Beneath The Hollow Moon" by Code_Name_Geek

Started by Zeta, May 27, 2019, 02:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code_Name_Geek

Hey thanks so much for the thorough check, everything should be fixed up now! I did have a couple of questions though.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 15, 2019, 05:14:33 PM- m. 24 beat 3.5 could use a mordent (unless you left it out intentionally for playability which is fine?)
The RH doesn't play on beat 3.5 in m. 24, did you perhaps mean m. 23?

Quote from: Latios212 on June 15, 2019, 05:14:33 PM- The layers are a bit mixed up in m. 32. The lower layer should be the same as everywhere else (like 7) and the half note C# on beat 1 should be stemmed upwards. Measure 34 similarly mixes the layers.
I did fix this but I think in this particular case it makes it more confusing to read... I know the two voices are distinct on the recording and if it were a transcription I would definitely write it like that but as a piano arrangement I'm leaning more towards readability? Let me know what you think about this.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 15, 2019, 05:14:33 PM- The cramped sharps in m. 14/31 indicate that some spacing is off - using the note entry tool click on a measure to automatically respace it.
Not a question, just wanted to say thanks because I didn't know how to fix that before! Makes my life a lot easier. :)

Latios212

Awesome, no problem! Just following up on the last couple of clean-up things before I sign off on this one.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 15, 2019, 05:14:33 PM- m. 24 beat 1 LH should be a third higher (E-G#)
Here the G# should stay in the left hand part as a small note to stay consistent with how you're writing it everywhere else. (It's also quite a stretch for the right hand as written)

Quote from: Latios212 on June 15, 2019, 05:14:33 PM- m. 28 beat 3 should have E on the bottom instead of C#.
- I'm hearing a high G# instead of the D# you wrote in for the final rolled chord.
I think these were missed.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 15, 2019, 05:14:33 PM- First note in m. 34 could use a mordent.
I think only the top note needs it.

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on June 21, 2019, 11:06:35 AMThe RH doesn't play on beat 3.5 in m. 24, did you perhaps mean m. 23?
Oops! Yeah I did mean 23.

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on June 21, 2019, 11:06:35 AMI did fix this but I think in this particular case it makes it more confusing to read... I know the two voices are distinct on the recording and if it were a transcription I would definitely write it like that but as a piano arrangement I'm leaning more towards readability? Let me know what you think about this.
I agree it looks kind of funny, but I think it's still important to denote to the performer the contour of these two lines especially since one of them is reused from before. It helps the performer know where the countermelody is new - if you look at what it used to look like, it looked like the top layer ascends E G# C# and the lower layer consists of a half note and then the four eighths. Hope that makes sense?

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on June 21, 2019, 11:06:35 AMNot a question, just wanted to say thanks because I didn't know how to fix that before! Makes my life a lot easier. :)
Happy to help!

Also if you're already without Finale access I can finish this up for you if you want.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on June 29, 2019, 05:09:48 PMAlso if you're already without Finale access I can finish this up for you if you want.
Unfortunately I did leave already, if you get the chance to finish it up I would appreciate it greatly! The suggested edits all sound fine to me, thanks for the help! :)

Latios212

No problem, I gotcha! :) Lemme know if I missed anything

Approved

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Thanks so much, I took a look at the PDF and it looks great to me!

Only thing I thought I'd mention is in the last chord, I did change the high D# in the right hand to a G# but I'm realizing now that you probably meant the one in the left hand so I might have changed it unnecessarily (unless both needed to be changed in which case it should be fine?). :P

Latios212

Ah yes I did mean the left hand :P I reset the high right hand note to a D#. Thanks for catching that!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I tweaked a few things (ped marking placement, a few similes, and the system spacing on page one) and now it's good to go!
Accepting.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot